ghia
Re: No input file present after new installation
  • 2008/9/2 19:14

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Is the server directly connected to the internet?
Is its IP number for local use also 62.24.223.119?Quote:
My main concern is that users over the internet cannot run activeX or any of the images on the site when they login or before they login.

It seems in IIS manager you have to add rights for anonymous users.
Quote:
I have another site on the same server using php and MySQL and this is working ok
This is in another domain and IP?

Here's some info on IIS and PHP.

misheck
  • 2008/9/3 13:06

• misheck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/30

I think the problem was to do with having 2 tables on the same server because I ran install twice after failing to remove the install doc from the Virtual directory path. I deleted everything and then installed the whole thing xoops, database etc. Its now working fine.

My only problem is mainfile.php which is still reported as writeable by server, when I go to the admin control panel.

Mamba
  • 2008/9/3 13:23

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
My only problem is mainfile.php which is still reported as writeable by server, when I go to the admin control panel.

Did you change the properties?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2008/9/3 13:23

• Mamba

Quote:

Did you change the properties to 444?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

misheck
  • 2008/9/3 20:46

• misheck

• Just popping in

Sorry but where do I change the properties for the mainfile.php to 444. I also need documents on changing or uploading new modules. I think the templates and other stuff will be easy but the module does have any upload section. Sorry I am running my XOOPS on Windows. I have been to the folder and everytime I remove the ticks for the users it does not allow me to select the read only option. Which users can I change to read only because I have Iuser, IIS, Network Service. I just used those because of my experience with dotnetnuke.

Mamba
  • 2008/9/3 22:43

• Mamba

Quote:
Sorry but where do I change the properties for the mainfile.php to 444

On Windows, just set it as "Read only" in file properties (right mouse click on the file)

Quote:
I also need documents on changing or uploading new modules.

Just upload the module to your /modules subdirectory and it should be visible in your Admin.

Reg. instructions, try the Operation Guide from here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

ghia
  • 2008/9/3 22:46

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Setting that file to readonly is done from within the ISS manager, not with filemanager. I think for file properties from filemanager you have to shutdown IIS, because otherwise the file will be in use.
Quote:
Sorry I am running my XOOPS on Windows.
Don't be.
The only problem is that there is not much expertise here for IIS (and Windows). Most people have their sites under Apache (and Linux).

misheck
  • 2008/9/4 20:27

• misheck

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help. It was the read attribute I just had to tick not the actual permissions for the whole mainfile.php because the whole folder which it resides on is shared so you have to remove the inherited permissions. Anyway cut the story short I did as you said right click the file and on attributes tick the read only.

I might put out a file on how to install XOOPS on IIS and Windows because I happy with speed I am getting and its running on a P3 server.

Thanks everyone who has helped me with the install I would have done it without you.

misheck
  • 2008/9/4 20:27

• misheck

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help. It was the read attribute I just had to tick not the actual permissions for the whole mainfile.php because the whole folder which it resides on is shared so you have to remove the inherited permissions. Anyway cut the story short I did as you said right click the file and on attributes tick the read only.

I might put out a file on how to install XOOPS on IIS and Windows because I happy with speed I am getting and its running on a P3 server.

Thanks everyone who has helped me with the install I would have done it without you.

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits