xsell
High Load
  • 2008/9/2 19:09

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

Hello

it seem this my first post , but it is not i been here but i wanted New Nick :)

the problem happend befor couple Days , that my Host Had to shut me Down because the High Load . this is part of the Message "due to an extremely
high load on your account. At this time today our servers have
served more than 400025 requests for your account.

You have not used to too much transfer it is a load issue meaning
that your site has used too many CPU resources on the cluster "

i just Do not know what cause this problem , i'm looking to my statistics and i see realy High Number of Hits to different pages , this Example :

5025 / for the index page
1087 /404.html error page
1058 /modules/system/admin.php

the XOOPS is 2.0.18.2
Modules installed .

protector
system
tinycontent ( without the spaw editor )
contact us
x-movie

i have optmize the MySQL and for the day 5 i still get the high load . when they shut down the site , it always they shut it when i rich over the 4000000 hit , i just dont belive i get all that Hits and there is 5000 Uniques ..
my site hosted by Servage by the way , and it looks that its time to move to a Server instaed of Shared Hosting ..

tzvook
Re: High Load
  • 2008/9/2 19:24

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Do you use any "friendly urls" hack ?

Search bots causes havy load on big sites with "friendly url's" - since they don't see the "database driven site" signs in the url ( $ and & ).

There might be a lot of reasons - that's just one ...

ghia
  • 2008/9/2 19:31

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It might be that your server is hacked.
Take a backup and try to compare your files with a backup from a previous unsuspected time. Especially the files that are most hit.
Manytimes index.* files are modified and contain added or other than the standard scripts.
Quote:
5025 / for the index page
1087 /404.html error page
1058 /modules/system/admin.php

These figures are for one day?

The 404 errors means some files are missing or request have been made with an nonexistant file name.

Get your logs and sort by IP. Take the ones that involve the most traffic and especially the ones that do POST requests. Look up these IP's with whois and deny access for the entire net they belong to.
Provide a 403.html file to return as error file for forbidden with a length of 0 bytes.

If you got really 5000 uniques then another possibility is that your site contains controversial or extrordinary material and you got slashed. In this case you would see the same referral over and over. You could ask them to remove the link to your site.

And what was you former nick?

xsell
  • 2008/9/2 19:36

• xsell

• Quite a regular

the problem is , that i backed up all my files and moved them out side the root and left my site with no files at all , and after couple minuts i checked back the statics and still shown there is about 157 hit to / and 10 to 404.html page .. .. even there is no pages on my site now , i moved all the files and folders out side the root , where this hits came from

xsell
  • 2008/9/2 19:49

• xsell

• Quite a regular

do you have a link for the friendly urls

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits