stuie200
Blank page for Notifications.PHP
  • 2008/8/16 9:05

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

Hi All,

I have revently upgraded to the latest version of XOOPS (2.0.18.1) and i am now getting an blank page on notifications.php

When i enable debug i get the following:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in mysite/public_html/notifications.php on line 96

The line of code this refers to is this:

$modules[$modid] = array ('id'=>$modid'name'=>$module->getVar('name'), 'categories'=>array());

Can anybody offer any solutions to this please?

I have tried different themes ect... but this does not at first appear the be the problem.

Regards
Stuart
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

stuie200
Re: Blank page for Notifications.PHP
  • 2008/8/16 21:00

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

OK, i have sussed out the problem after a lot of searching i have found the solution on a japanese site so i thought i should post it here in case anybody else has the same issues.

The problems appears to be a corrupt module record in the database and nothing to do with the code in my first post.

*** make a backup of your database before proceeding any further ***

Open up the 'xoops_xoopsnotifications' table using something like PHPMYADMIN to browse the database you will see a row id of "not_modid", sort by this field name and delete all listing from the first number and if that fails move onto the next one until you find the not_modid which is causing the issue.

Alternativly you could just Empty the table and notify your members to reset their notifications.

Hope this is of some help to somebody.

Regards
Stuart
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

iHackCode
Re: Blank page for Notifications.PHP

are you suspecting an incomplete module uninstallation has left the notifications entry in that table for that module.?

i think this query may help you in finding the notifications that may have been left behind. (my sql skill is a bit lacking. but i think it is correct)

SELECT * FROM `xoops2_xoopsnotifications` WHERE `not_modid` NOT IN ( SELECT DISTINCT `mid` FROM `xoops2_modules` )
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits