zeroram
Re: Any wishes for debaser 3.0...
  • 2008/7/25 20:06

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

Would like to see 2 options.

1.Same block as Internet radio, but with Internet TV

2.More Players for Internet Radio,many radios use PLS or Winamp files. currently is only possible to add a windows media file or radio.

frankblack
  • 2008/7/25 20:14

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

AFAIK pls could be played with Real Media Player. Hmm, should be working even in the old version.

As for Internet TV: Never bothered about that YET! I guess it must be also a link to a stream? Could you give me some examples on stations and players? TIA

Mamba
  • 2008/7/26 2:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Nice list, Frank!!!

Quote:
5) Multilingual support with NO special markup

Any details on that? We had the discussion about xLanguage, and I was curious if this is an approach that we could use in the core?

I'm looking forward to the new version!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

frankblack
  • 2008/7/26 6:24

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Any details on that? We had the discussion about xLanguage, and I was curious if this is an approach that we could use in the core?

A post long ago I was for the theory, that a multilingual functionality mostly has to be done at module level. There are parts of the core that have to be re-written anyway if multilang has to be in.

To test the multilang feature of debaser I installed xlanguage, because it is very simple to handle. The only thing debaser is now doing (if wanted), is to scan the installed languages and prepare the xoopsform with extra fields dynamically created from that information. So you can enter the language specific information. If the multilang feature is not used, the language used in xoopsconfig goes anyway to the database to make a switch later on easier. debaser has now an extra database table only for holding the text. I combined the table for files AND categories.

What I found extremely difficult was to use XOOPS standard functions for that purpose, which IS impossible. So I tweaked some of them. Some pros with more php experience will probably laugh at my code, but I did best as I can. In the best case it will inspire them, in the worst case give them a good laugh.

frankblack
  • 2008/7/26 13:53

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

sql-patch should! be working? If not, write here again.

Mamba
  • 2008/7/26 16:39

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
What I found extremely difficult was to use XOOPS standard functions for that purpose, which IS impossible. So I tweaked some of them. Some pros with more php experience will probably laugh at my code, but I did best as I can. In the best case it will inspire them, in the worst case give them a good laugh.

If it addresses/solves the issue, then I'm sure it will be an inspiration. I'm looking forward to your module!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

noo-b
  • 2008/7/26 18:04

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

thank you frankblack..

any expected date of release ?
I Love Xoops

frankblack
  • 2008/7/26 18:12

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

First August week I guess. In any case you'll get an Alpha then, but no upgrade kit I fear.

sarahmx
  • 2008/7/27 8:53

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

thank you...its working
Quote:

frankblack wrote:
sql-patch should! be working? If not, write here again.

Dingir_Xul
  • 2008/8/1 15:35

• Dingir_Xul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/18

Debaser is the module that databases all of the content for my home video server.

Multiple players? Who needs em. Just get VideoLan Client and slap the client plugin html code in a debaser 'player' and you have it. Handles all video/audio types with no need to keep track of any codecs. I even have debaser indexing my pdf collection as well launching Acrobat as a 'player' when a pdf is clicked on. VLC would handle that TV streaming too.

Desbaser is the best indexing module for media because of one major feature, BATCHLOAD! With that one ability you can really automate a looooot of tasks with linux bash scripting on the backend. Putting 3000 playlists in one at a time is what you must do with every other module out there. Not desbaser! :) Probably my favorite feature. Don't drop it ! Second fave feature is the ability to insert custom player code easily into the module.

Had to hack the crap out of it to make the interface work the way I wanted it to, simple stuff like the amount of things displayed at once and how many rows the main menu would display. I'll post more as i think of it.

Love this module. Lots of fun using it.
I feel I should like, donate for using something this nice. I never feel that way about anything usually :)

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits