sasbon
Administration Menu/Blank Page
  • 2008/7/9 15:50

• sasbon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/5 1

Hello Forum, newby here.
Was working on my site and uploaded a weather module. From Admin screen installed the weather module after which the message came up 'module succsessfully installed' thereafter I just got a blank page that says done at the bottom. Now I cannot get into my Admin Menu when I sign in. The trawled the forum for similar scenarios, but cannot find une relating to this problem. i tried the /kernel/session fix but it's not working. Any ideas or help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

stefan88
Re: Administration Menu/Blank Page
  • 2008/7/9 20:27

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

if you have phpmyadmin (or similar tool) in your web hosting control panel try to turn on phpdebug mode and look for clues (errors, ignore notices if any).

for information on how to turn it on look here

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=80

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=63368&forum=32&post_id=285282#forumpost285282

sasbon
  • 2008/7/10 19:55

• sasbon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/5 1

Hi there
Somehow problem resolved itself, don't know how, Have'nt even got debug enabled yet, but thank you for your response.

anderssk
  • 2008/7/10 20:41

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

Hey Sasbon

First of all - Welcome!

Default You have the 3 groups, with You selv in Webmaster-group.
A good idea is to create a Admin-group whith the same priveleges as the webmaster-group.
Create a new user for the webmaster group and change you own account to Admin-group.

If You have done that, you always have another useraccount if anything goes wrong
Just remember to permit the previleges to the admin-group every time you installe something og create new categories.
Trust mee - You well get lost of the feeling that every thing is lost.

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits