gramps11
Is XOOPS right for my community?
  • 2008/7/5 19:20

• gramps11

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/5 1

I'm sure this is an often asked question around here. I've been researching community CMSs for a week or so and am narrowing down my options. XOOPS is looking good, so I wanted to check here how well it can do what I need right out of the box.

There are two main core functionalities for this community.

1) Geographical location, worldwide. We want members to be able to find a) other members near them and b) shops in the community database that are near them.

2) Profile choice matching. Members will be able to tick any number of a selection of around 20 boxes in their profile. We want them to be able to see what %age match they have with other members. (In other words, click 'Find people like me' and get a list, closest match first. (Location proximity may also be brought into this search).

There are other things we want to do, but these are cental to the community, so the software we choose has to be able to handle them smoothly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

gramps11

phppp
Re: Is XOOPS right for my community?
  • 2008/7/6 5:47

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

As I can see, your requirements can be achieved by some modules, either customizing existent ones or writing your own ones.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits