HostV
Re: locked out of my admin page
  • 2008/6/2 4:32

• HostV

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/2 4

Try contacting your hosting company see if they can fix this for you as usually it can be addressed easily by the technical support.

Good luck!

Anonymous
  • 2008/6/2 11:34

• Anonymous

• Since:

@flyingkick

Try the code change mentioned in this post:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=288535#forumpost288535

Might help a bit.

flyingkick
  • 2008/6/3 12:32

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/19

Thanks JAVesey, I'll certainly try it out. It does look like it's session related. Will post the results after I've done some testing.

flyingkick
  • 2008/6/3 17:42

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

Too bad, didn't work. I was hoping it would after reading the comments on that thread. But it actually made it worse. When at first if that would happen, all I had to do was open a new browser and login and it would go away. After editing the code as described in that thread, I couldn't get in no matter how many new browsers I opened. For now, I just use Firefox. Doesn't seem to be having problems with that. Also, my users didn't report anything of that kind. Maybe it's just when you login as admin? Anyway, on goes my search for a solution. Thanks anyway, JAVesey. Much appreciated.

trabis
  • 2008/6/3 23:46

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

If you want to show the login block, go to anonymous group permissions and set access permission for the login block. Maybe you ticked that block the other day. To check the cache of the block you must go to blocks admnistration and edit it block (if you cant find the block there, change the option on the top of the page to anonymous or unsigned). There you will see the cache option.

flyingkick
  • 2008/6/4 18:54

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

Trabis, the problem is not that I can't see my login block, it's that the login block is not being replaced by the usermenu block after successful login. Thanks for the tip about the cache option though, but alas, it didn't work.

gpswhs
  • 2008/6/29 18:14

• gpswhs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/29

Historically I could log in under my website with the user.php after it, and edit pages on my site. In recent weeks, I could log in but it would just present a blank page and the word DONE at the bottom -- so I couldn't edit anything. I couldn't even try to reset anything as I couldn't even access an administrator's menu. NOW today, I can't even log in -- I get a message saying I do not have access.... HELP!

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits