DjMikeWatt
Had to swap domains on hosting accounts - need help with Xoops.
  • 2008/5/30 13:27

• DjMikeWatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/7 2

Hi there...

So, my original set-up had a hosting account with the primary domain "mikewattsplayground.net". There was a directory called "wattproductions" and the domain "wattproductions.com" was ALIASED (not forwarded) to that directory. This "wattproductions" directory was the XOOPS root.

I had to swap the domains (for SSL certificate reasons) so I made a directory called "mikewattsplayground" and moved every folder and file that was in the root into that folder (with the exception of "wattproductions"). I then took all the folders and files out of "wattproductions" (remember, that was the XOOPS root) and put them in the site root.

So, basically, all the folder structures and hierarchies are still intact, but they just swapped places.

I should have known that XOOPS wouldn't let me off that easily, and, of course, it didn't. Nothing but tons of server errors when you go to www.wattproductions.com/index.php (xoops main).

If anyone has any ideas on what I need to change in the XOOPS files on the server to get it back in action that would be stellar... I really need this back up.

Thoughts?? (you're talking to someone only slightly above novice level in php, so be gentle in your explanations, please...)

Word.

Mike

Feichtl
Re: Had to swap domains on hosting accounts - need help with Xoops.
  • 2008/5/30 13:36

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/8

You have to change mainfile.php to tell XOOPS its new root path.

Find:
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/andchangethisforyourneeds');

and:
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.mynewdomain.elswhere');

DjMikeWatt
Re: Had to swap domains on hosting accounts - need help with Xoops.
  • 2008/5/30 13:44

• DjMikeWatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/7 2

AND... that's all it took. Thank you! I imagine I could have found that sooner or later, but you've just saved me a TON of time.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits