leebrendalee
Major problems all of a sudden

Hello, upon logging into admin, I found an error that said something about the server, so I called my server and they fixed the error, (not sure if it was a hack or what), now I have major errors here that look like this: PHP Warning: main(mainfile.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main(mainfile.php)

the onlly thing I can do is log into the site as admin..thats it, from there nothing goes to anywhere.
and I have no idea how to fix??? any idea please. Do you need to know the version of xoops? This is not a files permission, the mainfile.php is 444 as per instructions, however like i said this is error for many more like this:

PHP Warning: main(mainfile.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main(mainfile.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main(header.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 43
PHP Warning: main(header.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 43
PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 43
PHP Warning: main(footer.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 44
PHP Warning: main(footer.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 44
PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 44
PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 43
PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web158/b1581/ipw.wps2winc/public_html/index.php on line 44

irmtfan
Re: Major problems all of a sudden
  • 2008/5/1 13:44

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

it seems it can not read from mainfile.php

check all files and folders with the correct prmission. if you have the latest XOOPS version you can do easily with the file integrity check introduce in the latest versions of XOOPS.

Ah and also check the files owners sometimes the owner is changed by the server admin.
see if you can change permissions with chmod command.if you could not change permissions it is obvious that your account is not the owner.

leebrendalee
Re: Major problems all of a sudden

Hello and thank you for your reply! I have checked the permission but I am not sure what they should be. The mainfile.php is: 444, user.php is 755, index.php is 644, admin.php is744, all of those files are in /public_html, from there under /public_html/modules/ there are: index.html:770, than /public_html/modules/system/ and there are: admin.php-744, index.html:770, menu.php-770, than /public_html/modules/system/admin/ blocks are 770, and /public_html/modules/system/admin is 770 so it goes on that like with an error when trying to access:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

So when I check the logs I get all that other stuff above.
Now I"m using version: