Denlyn
Custom Block
  • 2008/4/24 8:06

• Denlyn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

I did do a search and not much came of this but then perhaps I was not asking the right question in the search function.

Anyway, I wish to create a Custom Block that can only be viewed by whom I choose. My main reason is so that people I ban can view their profile but not edit or change their information, also allowing the log out feature to be seen.

I want this Custom Block to be viewable by the banned section only but I cannot see where I can do this?

If I create a Custom Block and make it viewable, then all the members will be able to see it. I noticed the section where I can choose what areas I want it visible in but it does not show an alternative such as "banned".

If this is possible, can someone help me.

I hope I have this in the correct section.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers.

stefan88
Re: Custom Block
  • 2008/4/24 8:13

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

you can create new group "Banned" (or watever you like), add banned users to that group and make the blok visible for that group and not for "Rgistered" group...

Quote:
reason is so that people I ban can view their profile but not edit or change their information, also allowing the log out feature to be seen.

You will have to work more for that.

jimmyx
  • 2008/4/24 8:17

• jimmyx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/7/18

create a group and named it as Banned and move all the banned users to the group

then you can make the custom block only viewable by the banned group in the group setting

jimmyx
  • 2008/4/24 8:19

• jimmyx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/7/18

i type too slow..

Denlyn
  • 2008/4/24 9:23

• Denlyn

• Just popping in

Thank you for the very quick reply.

As I already have created a group for the "Banned" people, I need to know how to create the Custom Block so as only the "Banned" people can see it.

Quote:

by jimmyx on 2008/4/24 19:17:05

create a group and named it as Banned and move all the banned users to the group

then you can make the custom block only viewable by the banned group in the group setting

This is exactly what I wish to do but can you please elaborate on the procedure on how to accomplish this.

Many thanks for the replies. Looking foward to your next reply.

Cheers.

stefan88
  • 2008/4/24 9:29

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

go to XOOPS ADMIN -> System admin -> Groups, select "Modify" next to Registered Users and in "Block Access Rights" uncheck the custom block if checked, scroll down and click "Update Group".
Do the same with "Banned" group, but make shure you check "Block Access Rights" for that custom block.

Denlyn
  • 2008/4/24 12:28

• Denlyn

• Just popping in

Thank you very much for the assistance.

I will try it out and of cause, if it doesn't work, I will reply here. From your description, I believe it will do the trick that I have sought after.

Thank you so much for the assistance.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits