• 2008/4/21 16:03

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Hello Xoopsers,

I'm very proud to announce the release of my brand new creation :

>> multimenu 2.0 beta <<

Important notes before use of this beta version :

1) The 2.0 version is absolutely not compatible with any previous version of multimenu (thus any 1.x previous version).
The 2.0 version has been redevelopped from scratch and has nothing to do, regarding code, nore spiritwise with the older version. So, do not attempt to replace and upgrade from a previous version.

2) This is a test version. Please, do not use it on a production website. No support is provided with this test version!

Functionalities

This 2.0 version is full of new functionalities. For instance :

- no more limitations regarding the number of available menus (you can create as much menus as you want).

- categorised module general settings.

- image manager (manage your menu pictures directly with the module build in thumb manage).

- Template manager (customise your templates directly in the build in module template manager)

- Separated code (html, java script and style sheets are separated from the source code and managed independently).

- Automatic detection of new custom templates.

- Templates are common to both index pagea and bloc menus.

- Module cloning.

- Query manager (which allow you to automatically feed your menus from your XOOPS site database).

- Style sheet preferences availaible on templates, menu and link level.

- Deep group permission settings (from menu to links).

- Build in contextual help.

Lack

- Sorry for all who requested it, but the module doesn't support more than one sub link level (I know you will hate me for that).

- Not all english defines are over (help files mainly). Sorry for that. If anyone feel like to give me a hand on this, he is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your feedback on this module.

Runeher
Re: [MULTIMENU] Navigation and menu manager - version 2.0 for test
  • 2008/4/21 17:10

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

One must uninstall the previous version of multimenu before one can install this one... i wish this could be written as a new module so that previous version could be kept...

r

solo71
  • 2008/4/21 17:42

• solo71

• Module Developer

Sorry, but I don't agree.

multimenu 2.0 is not a new module. It's a new version of this module.

Anyway, if you want to install the new version alongside the old one, I suggest you clone the multimenu 2.x (a 2 click away operation) with a different name.

script_fu

Congrads Solo... Thank you for updating this must have module. Your instructions are very clear about needing to clone the module if the 1x versions are installed...

Once again ty... You rock man!

Runeher
  • 2008/4/21 23:29

• Runeher

• Module Developer

First...sorry for not just cloning the module in the first place... looks great so far...one problem only... can't make the uploads/multimenu folder writable... i'm sure chmod is 777
Again...Great work!

R

wishcraft

Hey solo71, have you thought about implementing a possible son of suckerfish method for the menus, this way you can have a tiered popup menu on mouse over that goes for multiple levels, you will have to have browser Dependant style sheets for it.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

solo71
  • 2008/4/22 10:39

• solo71

• Module Developer

Quote:

Runeher wrote:
can't make the uploads/multimenu folder writable... i'm sure chmod is 777

Hmmm... Does this directory exists on your server? Or did you created it manually?

Quote:
Hey solo71, have you thought about implementing a possible son of suckerfish method for the menus, this way you can have a tiered popup menu on mouse over that goes for multiple levels, you will have to have browser Dependant style sheets for it.

Got it. I will prepare a guide on how to create your own menu templates. That's not that difficult.

Runeher
  • 2008/4/22 21:48

• Runeher

• Module Developer

actually i don't know... could be that i created it for previous vesion? if not, it was created by the new version. It's there, but not writable.. and empty so most likely created when installing yesterday...

r

solo71
  • 2008/4/23 5:59

• solo71

• Module Developer

Weird.

Could you try the next operations?

1) Delete the 'upload/multimenu' and go on the admin module link list or image manager (this should automatically recreate the directory).

2) If none appear, create the directory manually and set pemissions to 0777. And go back to 1 and see if the module recreate all the sub directories.

3) If permissions are not correctly set (and you can't change it with your FTP), go in your hosting admin pannel and use the FTP (or file) manager. Usually this one allows you more access than a distant FTP client.

Let me know please...

Runeher
  • 2008/4/23 18:16

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Ok... deleted the directory, went to imagemanager and the directory was created again... however... chmod is set to 0777, yet it's not writable...

Very strange..

r

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits