wishcraft
XoopsGraphs - Prototype for 3.0 release available!

Hi all how have you been? Well the invite module has been benched for later on, I have been concentrating on a Graphing Factory for XOOPS so we can finally have our live stats.

I wrote to the Author of JpGraph about distributing JpGraph 2.x with the XOOPS 3.0 release I explained that XOOPS is a framework for dynamic websites..

Here is what Johan had to say:

Quote:

Hi,

Seems to be very nice framework and I have no issues to grant you permission to include my library in this framework.

Good luck!!

Best regards
Johan Persson

I have written a model for the GraphFactory as a benchmark graphing interpreter for importing other graphing classes should they be ever needed however JpGraph produces some really pretty graphs.

Anyway have a look at some of the basic examples of graphs we have been able to produce so far.

http://www.unseen.org.au/modules/graph/ - jpGraph 1.x series php 4 (Only Example 1 -6 works) if anyone else want to go through all the examples it would be nice to have a little easy help.

http://www.scientificcombatfighting.com/modules/graph/ - jpGraph 2.x series php 5 (Only Example 1 -6 works) if anyone else want to go through all the examples it would be nice to have a little easy help.

They are the same except for the jpgraph library in this path : /class/graphs/jpgraph/

Download: xoops3.0_graphing_prototype.rar
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

maxxy
Re: XoopsGraphs - Prototype for 3.0 release available!
  • 2008/4/15 7:40

• maxxy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/6/11

Quote:

I have been concentrating on a Graphing Factory for XOOPS so we can finally have our live stats.

nice..this will be exciting !!

blueteen
  • 2008/4/15 13:29

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

Very interesting !
Thank you !
I've a weather website (under construction), and I think that will help me to manage my graphs

JulioNC
  • 2008/4/16 1:07

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

Great Job!
Simon, I don't know if we will have problems with the JpGraph Licence in the future. (QPL 1.0 Licence ??? )
Many users use XOOPS as a comercial site. (+1).
Maybe we have to use it as part class Frameworks.
What do you think?

P.S: Do you know about Open Flash Chart ? It's GPL! ;)
http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart/

wishcraft

Quote:

JulioNC wrote:
Great Job!
Simon, I don't know if we will have problems with the JpGraph Licence in the future. (QPL 1.0 Licence ??? )
Many users use XOOPS as a comercial site. (+1).
Maybe we have to use it as part class Frameworks.
What do you think?

You concerns are noted JulioNC, Johan Persson is the author of JpGraph, he normally doesn't distribute within packages and you have to download it for example to package with mantis, however I wrote to him asking if we can distribute the Standard 2.3 series with XOOPS and you can see his reply in the quote above.

I think XOOPS seems like a good platform for him to diversify or something, i am not sure what his motives for allow us to distro JpGraph within the XOOPS packaging, but he has given us permission to distro it, which is what I wrote to him about before using this package.

I want to use JpGraph, as it produces some very powerful graphs including Garnett graphs which are good for financial and other predictions. As well as being one of the most functional libraries on the web for graphs, I have used this quiet alot in other projects (it is the same graphing library as sourceforge).

The graph factory has a standard copy of JpGraph 2.3 in it, that is the /class/graphs/jpgraph path. For example if you wanted to include open flash chart you would make an edition to the /class/graphs/ with a /class/graphs/open-flash-chart/

and put a wrapper & interpreter which works with the current array structure subset.

This also means it can be rolled back to PHP 4 by replacing the jpgraph library with an earlier version and modify the CACHE_DIR to be inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/uploads'

It also means that Johan Persson can distribute a professional edition of the graphing library, which works with his purchasable professional edition, which you can just replace the jpgraph directory with.. Which means more market saturation for jpgraph.

Once we have a finalised structure and a complete working Wrap around JpGraph, I will purchase the professional edition and make any modifications that are needed for the professional edition and distro it as a patch without the professional edition of JpGraph, that way Johan Persson gets more sales and we have a unison support of the system.
Resized Image

wishcraft
GraphFactory 1.0.0 Beta

Just a quick note for those interested in graphs, the beta is now provided with the same archive. The only one I had some trouble with it topology was the gantt graph, the rest appear to be working..
Resized Image

giba
  • 2008/5/2 9:11

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Hi wishcraft, you news about it ?

wishcraft

Quote:

Giba wrote:
Hi wishcraft, you news about it ?

News about what gigaphp, there was a JpGraph news on the breaking news block for awhile.
Resized Image

vamptrix
  • 2008/5/7 16:59

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

The demo site gives a 404 error before it sends you to the proper site :s
I used to use this account, but no longer.

sinnemax
  • 2008/5/7 19:35

• sinnemax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/7 1

great job. thank you.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits