bugirc
NEED team to implement the Yogurt Reloaded
  • 2008/4/13 9:22

• bugirc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/3 1

Hello! Many of you know the yogurt social network module. It is nice but the programmer is only one and it is difficult to see new features soon. So I think if someone of you or a time like to make modules at their free time can take the yogurt and make the yogurt reloaded :) I have a big list of new features that could make the best module on XOOPS and also the best community modules of all cms :)
What about this?

------------------
The list of features:

1) Block that count new profile comments, new friend requests upon approval, new scrap posts, new photo comments, new tribals. Something like myspace hi5 and facebook.

2) Pages, where you can approve friends comments photo comments and more.

3) Make better tributes like facebook.

4) A setting to display profile avatar like facebook ( a big picture and a setting for admin to set the maximun widht and height )

5) Buttons under the picture like hi5 ( report user, add as friend, block him )

6) A button that members can block other members and a page you can see blocked members and you can unblock them.

7) Favorites menu that you can add some members as favorite and you can find them easily

8) A non XOOPS seach like hi5 simple and easy.

9) A non XOOPS profile edit page that have tabs like facebook. So make a profile modules that doesn't use any of XOOPS profile pages.

10) Tamplates for every page for example for the profile edit page

11) A page that you can show the photos and sent comments. Also this page could tell some other things: look at the facebook. It can also have next and previue buttons ( look at facebook and xcgal module for XOOPS )

12) More ajax, and delete the lightbox when you try to see a profile picture. You can keep lightbox as a button in the photo gallery that I suggested to make at (11)

13) Sexy, funny and other must have them own profile blocks like hi5 hives. You can keep 5 different type of fives and make them appear to all profiles and under the picture you can have a label: ( 5 rates ) and every time someone click on a icon of a five it can automatically cound a new one rate: ( 6 rates for example ) Also every member can give a type of five-rate only one time function.

14) The who visited my profile block on the profile page could show a very very small image of the members that have visited the profile and left it could show the name and the date and time of visit.

15) My friends updates profile block that could show news about the friends and many more. Like feeds on facebook.

16) Delete the video left of the avatar on the profile page and add a block on the profile index page that could show the x latest videos. If someone click on the screenshot it could go him to a page he can see it and rate it or comment it.

17) A simple rate function to videos, pictures and tribus with 5-stars and you can click the rate, and it could count the new rate without reloading the page.

18)Make different pages for upload and diferrent for showing the pictures or videos like an album.

19) As you know the best of all is the facebook. You can try to add as much functions of facebook into yogurt module :)

20) Make a function to send automatiically email when someone send a friend request.

21) A profile index page block like friends but there you can add people you want to meet, also a admin setting to be able to set how many members will show on this block and also a button under profile pictures that tells: I wan to meet his/her. If someone add a member to the I'd like to meet list the yogurt will automatically send email to the member. This will not have any approval by the member.

22) A profile index block that tells: My flirt and each one can add a person as his/her flirt and it will show a big photo of him/her ( the avatar picture but with big diamention that could be set by the admin )

23) A big about me block on the profile pages that every one can write as much he likes and a menu that admins can set how many characters the site allows. Something like hi5.

24) Profile skins and a page that users can make his own skins. To make it you have to add ids to all tables and other and thenthe skin code could change the ids backgrounds.

25) New videos block

26) new video and photos XOOPS blocks could have settings for the size of the screenshots ( avatars )

27) You can have other diemention for the first page of profile avatar and other for the gallery images list.

Dona_Brasil
Re: NEED team to implement the Yogurt Reloaded

Did you contact the maker? I've the impression he is a nice guy.

You may also consider posting your feature requests onhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/galeriayogurt

urbanspacema

A list very interesting,
I can add:

- Inclusion of audio files as well as video files with the possibility of load on the server, or take them from external services like youtube but dedicated to audio.
http://www.ultrasonica.it
http://www.noisecollective.net

Peekay
  • 2008/4/13 14:11

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I appreciate that you may be planning to start from scratch, but if you were going to use the Yogurt module as the basis for this project, I would check the licence.

The module repository indicates that Yogurt is GPL. This licence allows anyone to use the code as the basis for another module. For example, a number of XOOPS modules are based on the original 'MyLinks' module.

However, the licence distributed with the module says it is released under a Creative Commons License (Attribution-No Derivative Works). That means - unlike most XOOPS modules - it cannot be used as the basis for something else.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits