avtx30
Are you insterest in a site that supports more than one xoops?
  • 2008/4/3 16:50

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/10/12

Sorry for my poor English which is not my tongue language...

I've been using XOOPS for 3 years. Still learning...

I am thinking of building a site with XOOPS related news, modules archives, forums, tips'n'tricks supports xoops, xoopscube, i_ c m s, and other XOOPS cores. The site will have two languages: English and Japanese. I am hoping to bring Japanese XOOPS users to the world and vice versa. There are many good resource in Japanese (http://xugj.org) which you could benefit. Many high-quality modules made by Japanese developers which you don't know. At that site people are free to talk about their XOOPS core/modules without any limit like other specific forums (e.g. you cannot ask about XOOPS Cube here or people in XOOPS Cube forums cannot ask for help about i c m s).

What do you think?
Xoops Demos:
http://www.nhatban.net/info/a0021.html

Lloyd
Re: Are you insterest in a site that supports more than one xoops?
  • 2008/4/3 19:42

• Lloyd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/4 1

Why not... :)

trabis
  • 2008/4/3 20:33

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I am. I do have hosting and domain for it. I did not sarted yet because I´m short of time. If you want to trade ideas send me a PM ok?

avtx30
  • 2008/4/3 22:13

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

@trabis: thanks. I have my own server so hosting is not a problem. Domain is very cheap. I need ideas. I appreciate your telling me that.
Xoops Demos:

Bender
  • 2008/4/3 22:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

avtx30:

I think the idea is not bad but i fear you won´t get too much visitors. This is just an observation on myself but i don´t even bother much visiting the local Xoops, XC, icms sites of my country while focussing on the org sites simply because of the amount of possible replies and information.
If i were to find out something about XC i would go to xc.org.

Anyway ... you got nothing to loose in trying.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

avtx30
  • 2008/4/3 22:55

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

@Bender: thanks for comments. I know great developers are always focusing to their own works, at one site. How about general users? I meant modules' users. For example, when Catzwolf_ released his great wf-channel, he announces it here. Users other than xoops.org will not benefit of the release. At the site I am thinking of, release info will be automatically updated and I /other user will provide useful info about wf-channel: is it compatible with xc and icms, if not, how to make it compatible....

Do you suggest some domain name?
Xoops Demos:

giba
  • 2008/4/4 22:43

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

avtx30 wrote:
Sorry for my poor English which is not my tongue language...

I've been using XOOPS for 3 years. Still learning...

I am thinking of building a site with XOOPS related news, modules archives, forums, tips'n'tricks supports xoops, xoopscube, i_ c m s, and other XOOPS cores. The site will have two languages: English and Japanese. I am hoping to bring Japanese XOOPS users to the world and vice versa. There are many good resource in Japanese (http://xugj.org) which you could benefit. Many high-quality modules made by Japanese developers which you don't know. At that site people are free to talk about their XOOPS core/modules without any limit like other specific forums (e.g. you cannot ask about XOOPS Cube here or people in XOOPS Cube forums cannot ask for help about i c m s).

What do you think?

I think this is very good.

Quote:

avtx30 wrote:
Do you suggest some domain name?

My personal sugestion is: XF-resource.org or Equivalent.

On this site you can disclose all relevant work and also disseminate the good work xoops.

eg: XF = XOOPS Family code and Derivatives.

eg2: Certainly this will be an excellent disclosure to the development and helps all users to assess progress and share experiences with the developers of modules and code compatible.

movers
  • 2008/4/5 4:37

• movers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

LOL, only icms users sent replies.

Quote:

avtx30 wrote:

Domain is very cheap.
I need ideas.
I appreciate your telling me that.

Polygamy Dot Com?

trabis
  • 2008/4/7 0:19

• trabis

• Core Developer

I´ve started to build a site to suport XOOPS based cms, it is called XUUPS and stands for XOOPS User Utilities. It should provide links, downloads, support forums, and a section dedicated to module developers to post their tutorials, hacks and whatever they like.
Doesn´t matters what core you use, modules will be modules, themes will be themes, political issues stay outside please.

I installed 2 modules I´m working on. "Users" that is a profile module based on smartprofile, and publisher that is based on the news module.
"Users" does not bring anything new, just some bug fixes and a diferent layout similar to yogurt.
"Publisher" has a lot of new features and you will be able to test them all very soon. The goal is to keep an easy tracking of articles and publishers.

I implemented also a "Xoops Related Sites" custom google search so you can easely find the most important of all
: information.

I need help, not a army nor a war.
Visit xuups.com if interested.
See ya

trabis
  • 2008/4/9 0:19

• trabis

• Core Developer

Creating the forums now, if you needing help(with modules, themes, plugins) you can post there to.

I posted a "hack" for selected menus in multimenu.

Does anyone can knows the link for Highlighting code in [code] tags? I have read it somewhere in this forum and can not find it anymore, it would be handy now.

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits