Qlazon
Xoops 2.3 charset doesn't work
  • 2008/3/20 20:45

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/29

When I try using swedish characters in XOOPS 2.3, all the text from the first odd charactar and forward disappears.

I installed XOOPS 2.3 and set the charset to utf8 (my SQL database runs utf8 and collation utf8_unicode_ci). The installation wont let me set collation to "utf8_unicode_ci" but nags me with something like "Default character set is not set for XOOPS database". So I leave the collation-field blank and continue with the installation.

Now, when I enter swedish characters Å, Ä, Ö (ä etc.) that database string only saves the text until the first "weird" character... anything else is missing. This is independent of module, tried news, cjay content etc.

Any solutions?

Anonymous
Re: Xoops 2.3 charset doesn't work
  • 2008/3/20 22:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Qlazon wrote:

Any solutions?

I don't know aboout a solution, but I can confirm the same problem with utf8 on installation.

This will have been noted already by the dev team, I'm sure. Hopefully later releases will have it sorted as its rather fundamental

Qlazon
Re: Xoops 2.3 charset doesn't work
  • 2008/3/21 7:43

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/29

So it's not just me, then!

I hope this gets fixed soon! If it is a utf8-problem, could I set the charset to latin1.swedish in my mySQL database, perhaps. Could be worth a try!

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits