tzvook
Re: Classifieds 1.1 RC1 Security Release
  • 2008/3/6 15:29

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello John
Since the module uses html (if you enable it of course) HTML ads, it requires you to enable HTML email, otherwise it sends all confirmations and ads-responses with the HTML code in it ... looks very bad !!!

Very easy to solve:
you need to look for all the places (4) with the line:
$mail->useMail();

and turn it into:

$mail->useMail();
$mail->setContentType("text/html");

Then of course it would be nice to also design your templates with html code to look nicer ... your site logo or whatever looks nice to you.

And in another issue:
looks like going to the ADS photos leads you to the whole user gallery, why don't it leads you just to the ADS specific photos ?

tzvook
  • 2008/3/6 17:17

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Hi again
Please note that a dew of the mails being sent to users are hardcoded and not taking their data from your langwage/mail_template directory

those are the responses to the ads (contact.php) and "mail to friend" (listing-p-f.php) .... still didn't look @ them all ...

Runeher
  • 2008/3/7 11:28

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Hi John!
Seems like search function of XOOPS ignore results from classifieds, but the search function within the module works fine. Could this be fixed?

Also it would be a nice feature to have a ad "teaser" beside the thumb, instead of just empty space :)

Rune

Runeher
  • 2008/3/7 11:37

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Also while i'm at it: why not implement a premium.php into the module. I guess less experienced or novice XOOPS users will be pretty puzzled by this file missing. I know you want people to make their own premium.php, but when i first started using XOOPS i wouldn't have a clue how to do it...

Rune

Quest
  • 2008/3/7 13:25

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I created a Premium user group for the premium users. Registered users unless added to the Premium User group are only able to upload as many as the Non-premium is set to, while the Premium Users in my Premium User group are set for the premium user permisions.

Hope this helps,
Quest

Runeher
  • 2008/3/7 15:38

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Thanks Quest! Now i at least know it works :) Still haven't figured out what's wrong with my copy :( Does the XOOPS search function also work on your copy?

jlm69
  • 2008/3/7 21:54

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

@ conas,

did you ever get the photo uploads working?

@ tzvook,

Maybe I will put all photos on the Ad page as thumbs and when you click them you will just see the one you click, how does that sound?
Right now send to friend does not have a language template, but the contact does and should work fine, but I will check it out and see what I can find.
Thanks.

@ Runeher,

The number of photos for premium and non-premium should work, try deleting the files in your templates_c folder(except index.html).

I guess I will add a premium.php page, maybe for version 1.1 final, I forgot that was even there.

The search not working is a bug, never noticed that before, thanks for finding it. I will look into it this weekend.

Thanks to Lloyd and Quest for helping in this forum.

John

Runeher
  • 2008/3/8 7:51

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Hi John.

I'm afraid deleting the files in my templates_c folder didn't work. Is there something else i could try. Perhaps there is something i could try in the db?

I really think this module is better than most of the high cost classified scripts out there, so salute to you!

Rune

tzvook
  • 2008/3/8 19:24

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Hi John
Thumbs sonds good.
The contact-ad-owner (contact.php) is hard-coded @ my copy for sure - I just added html capibilities and moded it a lot - for sent emails to look nicer .. It's not a problem for me, but might be for new users..
also - you'll probably want to add a check-box option for "Enabling html in sent emails" - due to the fact that there are ads with html ...

conas
  • 2008/3/8 21:35

• conas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/5 2

No, not yet.I'm stucked!
I'm not crazy I'm a hungarian!
http://lsogor.com

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits