slacker13
Mail Issues
  • 2008/3/2 19:24

• slacker13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/25

I have "require Activation by User" set to on but nobody is recieving their activation emails. I have run numerous test by setting up dummy accounts with my own emails which have zero restriction or spam filters and I also do not get my activation email.
Also,when I send an email to the entire group they do not get them

I do however get all emails to my admin such as wehn a new user activates I get the email saying a new user signed up. Thats because I have "Notify by mail when a new user is registered?*" set to on.

Any suggestions? My sys admin has been checking everything and so far has come up blank on the server side. The emails were working and then stopped.

Khepri
Re: Mail Issues
  • 2008/3/3 3:39

• Khepri

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

I was recently testing using Yahoo and gmail addresses....nothing was showing up.

Turned out one of the Top level domain name servers got blacklisted by Yahoo....(and apparently gmail)...and it was taking 24-48 hours for the activation to show up...

The ISP was blaming Yahoo...Yahoo blaming the ISP...round and round...

If I used an non-Yahoo or gmail addy...such as from my own domains email server...the email sjowed instantly as expected...

I gave up and installed a CAPTCHA module from the repository here...works very well...

Later I'll look into that new login thingy....
Moo.

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits