Serap
Some members can't view some forum messages
  • 2008/2/26 15:31

• Serap

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/4 2

Some members on my website complained about viewing some messages. I searched the problem here and then on the internet but just can't find any answers.

Even as the admin I faced the same problem.

When I view all the messages on one page (after I log in), I can't see one of the member's message instead it says "you have to become a member to view this message"

People who complained about this are already member. Since it happened to me and I'm the admin I can't think of any reason. I checked the permissions but nothing seems to be changed.

can you pls help?

Anonymous
Re: Some members can't view some forum messages
  • 2008/2/26 15:42

• Anonymous

• Since:

Which XOOPS version?

Which Forums/version?

Which version of php?

Has this happened only recently and, if so, have you changed anything on your site?

Serap
  • 2008/2/26 15:57

• Serap

• Just popping in

I didn't change anything on my website. It first happened a few weeks ago and today it happened on 3 messages...

xoops 2.0.17

forum newbb 2.02

php 44.7

mysql 4.025

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/26 17:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Have you tried updating the module?

Go to Admin>System>Modules and click on the "Update" icon.

I'm not that familiar with Newbb 2.0.2..... suppose it must be something like CBB 3.0x as CBB is Newbb updated.

Charlieg has solved his problem by updating to CBB3.08. See here:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=63148&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

You should be able to update Newbb in the same way that Charlieg updated his CBB2.32

Serap
  • 2008/2/26 19:17

• Serap

• Just popping in

thank you for your answer. I updated the module a few weeks ago, also I updated to XOOPS 2.0.17. After I updated I thought this problem was gonna go away and yesterday I thought to myself "I think it's ok, noone's complained abt it" and boom, today I check the website and many complaints... I guess you should never say something is going good, karma hears you :)

Maybe it's best to update to cbb3.08 like you said.

Now; I read the link you sent. The error message we get is not the same as Charlieb's, do you still think it can be solved that way?

error message (this is written on the member's post, instead of the member's original message): you must be a member to view this message, if you are not a member please become a member

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits