Shandra
Incompatable?
  • 2008/2/23 4:08

• Shandra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/23

I had a website up that I had spent alot of time working on, There was an upgrade and I had not been able to get my site back up since. I had a friend that was helping me with the website but he no longer does XOOPS and I dont know enough to get it going again. Can someone give me some suggestions? I really dont want to lose the site I built and it is very important to get it back up.
Shandra

Anonymous
Re: Incompatable?
  • 2008/2/23 8:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Can you be more specific as to what was upgraded?

Can you be more specific as to what happens, what you can see and what you can't?

I'm sure you'll get some help from the good folks on here and won't lose your site, but you'll need to give us as much information as you can.

Is the site online so we can look at it?

Shandra
  • 2008/2/24 16:20

• Shandra

• Just popping in

hmmm
The person that was/is hosting my site upgraded the Xoops. He backed up before upgrading and sent me a copy of the backup ( but according to the extension its not a regular backup if that makes sense) After the upgrade he said that the site created on the earlier XOOPS was not compatable with the current xoops. This was done almost a year ago. I have a place holder for the site but thats it. This is/was our spca website and I really do not want to lose everything.

Khepri
  • 2008/2/26 7:32

• Khepri

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

Shandra wrote:
hmmm
The person that was/is hosting my site upgraded the Xoops. He backed up before upgrading and sent me a copy of the backup ( but according to the extension its not a regular backup if that makes sense)[/quote]

What is the extention? IS it something like tgz?

Quote:
After the upgrade he said that the site created on the earlier XOOPS was not compatable with the current xoops. This was done almost a year ago. I have a place holder for the site but thats it. This is/was our spca website and I really do not want to lose everything.

If you have a backup, you haven't lost everything...:)

So, to be clear, the backup is a year old. And a "placeholder" has been on your site since then?

Do you know how to login to your website's host?

Did they give you a username and password [DO NOT POST THEM HERE...LOL] with an address to go to if you wanted to administer your website?
Moo.

Shandra
  • 2008/2/27 13:37

• Shandra

• Just popping in

Yes I have admin rights and I can log in. The file path that he sent me is spcapc.com_2005.12.19_07.26 sure doesnt look like a valid extension to me. I dont know if he has another backup somewhere but he is good about saving back ups to disk.

mawi27
  • 2008/3/5 7:19

• mawi27

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

Shandra,
the filename extension doesn't necessarily matter. Please try to open the backup file with a text editor.
Do a Search (ctrl+f) for "INSERT INTO" - If you find some of these statements and afterwards recognize parts of your old website content, you have an SQL Export file, wich can be re-imported to a new XOOPS database.
If you see illegible character stuff, then you probably have a zipped (.zip or .gz) file.
What do you see when opening the file?
Do you have access to the database server of your website?
Do you have some experience with MySQL + phpmyadmin?

marco
--
Match Dart!
Darts Ranking, News, Videos, Forum and more

Login

Who's Online

259 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 259

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits