Tiran_Kenja
Re: XoopsGallery 2.1

Yeah. I updated XoopsGallery 2.1 to use the latest Gallery 2 version by just replacing everything in the engine folder. Not sure if that what has made group and user export very dodgey for me (since the I had problems with the packaged Gallery as well). But I have almost completed some improved versions of that. No idea where to submit patches tho.

hiflyer
  • 2008/2/21 3:16

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

Great - thanks!
The module repository has an ooooooooold version of XoopsGallery - maybe you could upload your patched version to the gallery?

Northern
  • 2008/2/21 4:44

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

go ahead and make it public here if you like, and send me a link for the download and ill place it in the CN download section with the 2.1 version.

wacheek
  • 2008/2/21 13:22

• wacheek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/7 7

Thats excellent guys, really appreciate all your input on this, it just so happens I was looking to integrate Gallery2 into my own XOOPS pages for myself and others whos sites I created with Xoops.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

On a different note:

I want to integrate Gallery2 simply because it has mods that allow bbcode/html tags/etc etc for people who want to embed their gallery pics into myspace/facebook etc (similar to photobucket/imageshack) without having to worry about bandwidth limitations (also like photobucket).

I want to be able to do this myself, as long as I can patch up some security holes via .htaccess/.htgroups etc, for friends of mine because I have *pardon the expression* a BUTT LOAD of server space and unlimited bandwidth. SO, if either of you know of a better php/mysql script that will allow me to show bbcode/img tags to registered users that'd also be great.

Last but not least, and I'll close this small novel *sorry*, if you need some space to host some older, hard to find but still very useful XOOPS modules just let me know I can provide some to help contribute to the community.

pm me or drop a note to wacheek AT gmail

btesec
  • 2008/2/21 21:36

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hi everyone,

Good to see this gallery integration is ON. I certainly need a module like this. I am now preparing to launch my site since the final version of 2.0.18.1 has be released. I am willing to try gallery then report any bugs. I sure will use it for my site when becomes stable.

BTESEC

hiflyer
  • 2008/3/5 3:32

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

I had XoopsGallery 2.1RC4 running on my XOOPS 2.0.18.1RC test site.

Just tried to install it on a brand new (theoretically final) site with the Gallery 2.2.4 engine and XOOPS 2.0.18.1.

All went well until I tried to access the module (admin of module was fine). Received the following message:

unameFailed to create XG2 user with extId [hiflyer, 1]. Here is the error message from XG2:
Error (ERROR_COLLISION)

* in modules/core/classes/GalleryUser.class at line 149 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 344 (GalleryUser::create)
* in /modules/xg2/class/class.inc at line 118 (GalleryEmbed::createUser)
* in /modules/xg2/index.php at line 47 (xg2Auth::xg2Init)

Xoops debug errors are:
Notice: Undefined index: loginname in file /kernel/object.php line 304
Notice: Undefined index: loginname in file /kernel/object.php line 305
Notice: Undefined index: loginname in file /kernel/object.php line 395

I thought maybe it didn't like having the admin username in XOOPS and Gallery the same, but in both the test and new site my admin username for Gallery and XOOPS are the same and the test site worked fine.

When I login as a Registered user under a different username the module just gives me "uname" in the block.

hiflyer
  • 2008/3/5 4:59

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

Ah hah! Turned off the Gallery2 Sidebar in the module admin preferences and now it works.
(Still a little strange in that I have that On in the test site.)

Oops, almost works...
I still get the errors at the bottom of the Gallery block.
And I'm seeing album thumbnails but the link to the albums isn't correct...

hiflyer
  • 2008/3/5 16:32

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

I delete the module (and Gallery) and the database and reinstalled. Seems to be working fine now. Go figure.
For what it's worth I downloaded the latest version of Gallery (2.2.4) and replaced all the files in the engine folder with that version so that's an easy way to get the latest version of Gallery as part of the module.

hiflyer
  • 2008/3/19 13:59

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

Did another install with the 2.2.4 version in the engine folder - working fine! Just don't turn on URL rewrite - that confuses the links when accessing through the module.

CyberGuin
  • 2009/7/15 19:15

• CyberGuin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/16

Hi

Is this module still available? None of the links to so called downloads are working any more. Any one like to post a new link?

Or can any suggest a gallery with eCards and flash slideshow that works with XOOPS 2.0.16 and upwards?

Cheers, Tracy

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits