wishcraft
x-Soap 1.1 & Legacy MySQL Services (4.0)

Quote:

armitage wrote:
Simon - Thanks for this module - XOOPS as a service!!!

You asked for bug reports through PM. I'm getting whitescreen in the admin for both Configure Tables and Configure Fields. Preferences works as expected. Nothing in debug. XOOPS 2.0.18, Apache2, Mysql4, PHP5.

Could be the fact you are running MySQL 4, I am using 5.1.. Otherwise I am not sure we should debug this as if you MD5 or CRC is the same as the one in the wiki x-Soap then you have the same version that I am running on the test server www.unseen.org.au which you can use in the testing directory of the module.

The command you want to check out is

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/show.html

I will raise a forum topic about this, as i think there will be a few people using a legacy MySQL service..

The line number 49 of /xsoap/admin/index.php should read something like this for MySQL 4.0

// Line 49 is
$sql "SHOW FIELDS FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix(get_tablename($tbl_id));

// Line 49 could be
$sql "SHOW COLUMNS FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix(get_tablename($tbl_id));

and the line 185 of the same file may have to have a different pattern as i dont think \_ is a call in SQL the legacy MySQL Services, If you have these your hosting provider should have upgraded a LONG time ago!!

Something like..

// 185 is
$sql "SHOW TABLES FROM ".XOOPS_DB_NAME." LIKE '".XOOPS_DB_PREFIX."_%'";

// 185 could be
$sql "SHOW TABLES FROM ".XOOPS_DB_NAME." LIKE '".XOOPS_DB_PREFIX."%'";
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

armitage
Re: x-Soap 1.1 & Legacy MySQL Services (4.0)
  • 2008/2/18 21:09

• armitage

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/19

Simon - I had a go at your mods, with the improved result that I now receive an error from xoopsroot/xsoap/index.php:

WSDL ERROR: Bad path to WSDL file 1

I still receive white screen, no errors from xoopsroot/xsoap/admin/index.php.

Hope this sheds some light. Thanks again for your help with this. I can envision a world of possibilities for this module.

I'll be doing an e-store with QuickBooks POS as the backend, and with the help of xsoap, I think I can make a go of a XOOPS module to do the job...

wishcraft

Well I am not sure why you are receiving a white screen on your admin path, it is a very simple config, just selecting the tables and the fields you want to serve.

Check the zip CRC with HashCalc, u could have one of the pre beta's that was released over the day or so of testing. You can look up the ZIP CRC in the wiki x-Soap.

----

When it comes to the WDSL error, that is something to do with your server, I am not sure if the version of PHP your running is compatible with soap. When php5 was released there was a couple of earlier version that where not compatible with the class modules I am using call - nuSoap or soap in general, they then added in support for a WDSL with it.. You may want to turn off WDSL in preferences as well that is how I have it running..

There is also a setting to do with wsdl in php5 you may have to enable using ini_set

----

If your CRC's match then you are running a working copy, which is the same copy that runs the PHP example files in /xsoap/testing

Run the testing file if you like and see if you get a print_r statement at the top below the debug information, all I can suggest is if you

---

Check out this file

http://www.unseen.org.au/modules/xsoap/testing/retrieve.php

if the one at your domain displays the same, then SOAP is working, otherwise there might be some form of system configuration that is doing it..

You could also alter the path in the testing files to your server to debug it, but you would need the admin function to enable a table or two.

line 5 would be

$client = new soapclient('http://www.yourdomain.com/modules/xsoap/');
Resized Image

wishcraft

The specs I wrote x-Soap on are as follows:

Kernel version 2.6.18-53.1.6.el5
Machine Type x86_64
Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.8
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits