jebut071
getting rid of a mistake in a title from downloaded module
  • 2008/2/14 5:57

• jebut071

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/14

I am in the middle of setting up a forum - I downloaded newbbex, installed it, created the categories and forums, an all of it looks great so far, I am calling it the Work At Home Forum. However, I have two issues, First - I don't know how or why, but at the top of my page, underneath the header, it says:
"Welcome to Wwork at Home Forum Forum"

I know I very well didn't type Forum Forum, but with all the coffee I've had, maybe. I can't figure out for the life of me how to fix it.

Second, the category headings are too dark - I have cats like Work at Home, recommended by WAH... they are navy and when you scroll over them, they turn red. That is fine, but when you are not directly over them, you can't see what it says. I don't know how to change this either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know if I am posting this to the right category or not.... help?!?!?!?!?

Khepri
Re: getting rid of a mistake in a title from downloaded module
  • 2008/2/14 7:10

• Khepri

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

Hi...

I'm not familiar with that module...but I'd probably check over the Preferences inside the modules admin...that's usually where you specify those things...

As for the rollover...can be a bit tricky if you're not used to looking at code and/or CSS....

But if you can locate the DIV or TD that contains that link inside the modules template directory you'll be able to determine the CSS class that it's using....then go in your theme and open the styles.css locate the appropiate class or ID adn make your changes....

My experience....lots f trial and error...and bplenty of back-ups before making changes...;)

edit: Looks I could use some coffee myself! LOL All those typos!
Moo.

stefan88
Re: getting rid of a mistake in a title from downloaded module
  • 2008/2/14 8:03

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

the first "Forum" is from your forum title. The second "Forum" is from the standard welcom message wich probably is "Welcome to FORUM TITLE forum".

You have two options:

1. Rename your forum to something that does not have "Forum" in the name.

-OR-

2. Edit language file to change the welcome message. In language files in newbbx/language/YOURLANGUAGE folder look for something like Quote:
define("_????_????","Welcome to %s Forum");
and type what you want.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits