FeraTechInc
A calendar module that works?

I am using XOOPS 2.0.17.1 RC2

I am not able to find a single calendar module that works properly. Every single module has problems with reoccurring events.

I've tried downloading several from the module repository and the website links to check on the developer's sites as well however every module has had the same problem.

Please help.

Anonymous
Re: A calendar module that works?
  • 2008/2/12 14:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

I know that Zoullou is working on a new version of extcal that includes recurring events.

The current stable version (2.0.4) doesn't do recurring events (you probably know this!). However, the features that it does have work very well. I've used it from v 2.0.14 right through to 2.0.18 without a problem.

However, the latest dev version (2.1.6) does. Zoullou is careful to point out that, as a dev version, it's not intended for a "live" site but it's probably pretty close to being done now as he's been working on it for while and issuing quite a few updates.

Why not download the dev version and give him some feedback/bug-track advice? The more the merrier and the quicker the release version will be available

FeraTechInc

This is the version I am currently using. It seems like the recurring events code has been copied from another calendar because it is having the same exact problems.

antifmradio

piCal has a reoccurring events feature

http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

Quote:

FeraTechInc wrote:
This is the version I am currently using. It seems like the recurring events code has been copied from another calendar because it is having the same exact problems.

McDonald
  • 2008/3/22 23:01

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

eXtCal 2.1.x contains multiple vulnerabilities and should not be used.

Zoullou has fixed these vulnerabilities and will soon release eXtCal 2.1.7, see here.

Peekay
  • 2008/3/22 23:31

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

FeraTechInc wrote:

I am not able to find a single calendar module that works properly...

I have to agree with JAVesey, eXtCal 2.0.4 is a fine calendar module that looks great and works perfectly (AFAIK). It just doesn't do recurring events. Later versions are clearly marked as being in development, so some problems are only to be expected.

Perhaps PiCal will provide the features you need.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits