optikool
Re: x_movie module installation help
  • 2008/2/5 16:51

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

Hi mf_iii,

What format is the video in? It will depend on the format of the video because some formats require software on the server in order to extract an image... Flash for example.

Optikool

mf_iii
  • 2008/2/5 20:59

• mf_iii

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/22

Yes its .flv And can something be done for programs on the server or need to have dedicated?

And what type of files dont require software. I have try avi and mpg and same again

optikool
  • 2008/2/6 1:10

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

mf_iii,

Unfortunately for now, you cannot extract images from the movie itself. I had thought to put this in, and may do so at a later time, but if I did, the only way you could take advantage of this feature if is you had ffmpeg-php installed on the server itself. This would basically be a hit and miss for people not having this module installed. But later I will probably add it as an option for people that are lucky enough to have this module already on their server. In the mean time you would need to take a screen shot of the video you are uploading and upload that as well.

Optikool

mf_iii
  • 2008/2/6 7:58

• mf_iii

• Just popping in

Thanks optikool for the answers

Searching the module i find that i want some categories have not permissions for registered users (only for webmasters)

Example: i have in my site 3 categories (music, series, sports) I want in the music and sports category to upload the registered users but in the series category only the webmasters.

Can this be done? And what i must do?

Thanks

optikool
  • 2008/2/6 16:25

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

I have been thinking about how to do this and was one of the features I will be adding once I have it all figure it out and tested. But you need to be able to add code that looks at each of the categories and checks its permissions. It will be a config value you set for each category you create. You also need to modify the admin page to allow you to set the permissions on categories that are created.

To check permissions you can do something similar to this...

If you want to display group-specific information on a web page to two groups of your users: regular user group (GroupID 2) and membership group (GroupID 4).
$in_group = is_object($xoopsUser) && in_array(4, $xoopsUser->getGroups());

//display group-specific information
if ($in_group) {
Membership ONLY info Here
} else {
Regular user ONLY infor Here
}
(taken from www.xoops-tips.com)

Optikool

mf_iii
  • 2008/2/7 6:21

• mf_iii

• Just popping in

Oh.. Ok

Another problem in submit is that it doesnt check the file size limit and uploading without to upload it and you wait to upload it without a purpose :-s.

What code to insert to check the file size and if the file is bigger of the limit, when push Upload to display a popup window for example "The size of the file is bigger of the limit"

Moreover, can the limit of the php.ini be passed and i can upload bigger files or the module works like this? There is a way to not check the php.ini?

Thanks

optikool
  • 2008/2/7 19:52

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

mf_iii,

There is code in there to check the file size before uploading... MAX_FILE_SIZE. However the browser has to support this. But if it does it wont allow a person to upload a file that is larger.

As for php.ini. There is no way of getting around trying to upload a file that is larger then the max upload size set in php.ini. This is why if you try to set a size higher then php.ini in my module, the value will be resite to the maximum value of what's set in php.ini. The only way to modify that is to modify the php.ini. You could also try setting a htaccss file in your directory and see if you can set this variable for your virtual server, but I've never tired that so I'm not sure if it will work.

Optikool

mf_iii
  • 2008/2/7 20:59

• mf_iii

• Just popping in

Yeah there is a code in there but it seems not eorking in firefox

The module myalbum has a submenu "my photos" that you see the photos you have uploaded and i saw that it use the viewcat.php?=uid=-1

But in the x_movie the viewcat.php?=uid=-1 takes me to the x_movie categories

There is a way for one user to see the videos he have uploaded like myalbum?

Thanks!

btesec
  • 2008/2/11 22:25

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

I certainly believe that there should be an updated release. I installed it successfully, but when I try to add a video, I get a blank page. I am using php5 and MySQL 5. I wonder what is the problem.

BTESEC

santral
  • 2008/2/25 23:58

• santral

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/25

hi,
when I dont add any video I can go list.php page.
BUT when I add video I cat go list.php (which includes : sources,hits,ratings )

so how can I see list.php page ???

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits