ben1212
Can an Administrator?????
  • 2008/2/1 13:39

• ben1212

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/1 1

Look at my PM's from a XOOPS site? Sorry I am new here and this probably has been asked a few dozen times already but I need to know for sure. I am a member of a site that I have suspected the administrator of looking at my PM's from time to time. In the past the same administrator told another member of the board that they can indeed see your PM's. So can they or can't they see one's PM's on the site? To me it seems real simple for them to do as the easiest way would be for them to change your password, log in as you, read what they want, then change your password back. Or, is there an easier way where they don't have to go through the trouble of changing your password and they can just look right in?

Thanks for any feedback on this subject. Right now a lot of people are suspicious and the administrators are telling everyone that this is not possible. Well I know that anything is possible. It might be difficult, but it is possible.

Thanks again.

xgarb
Re: Can an Administrator?????
  • 2008/2/1 13:48

• xgarb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

In theory they can see everything as it's all stored somewhere on the server but whether they can bother to sift through is another matter.

They won't know your password to be able to change it back btw.

elbeer
  • 2008/2/1 13:53

• elbeer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/26

They can read them using myphpadmin or any sql admin tool

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/1 13:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yep - PMs are stored in your XOOPS site's database and can be read by anyone with access to the database.

ben1212
  • 2008/2/2 15:19

• ben1212

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/1 1

Thanks folks for your input on this question. I really appreciate it.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits