script_fu
Busy designer needs prefab xoops package. Content , data & modules preinstalled into xoops package.

I have been building a lot of sites for customers lately. I want to build a prefab XOOPS package with everything already installed.

I want to pre load all modules and generic data into xoops. This way when I go for a fresh install everything will be configured right out of the box the way I like from the get go.

Im talking about all customs blocks already made with proper weight. All modules already installed and configured with proper weight. Pre loaded with my words/content.

I know how to backup my data and reinstall it on another website. This is not what I seek.

I want to be able to install fresh from my custom package.

script_fu
Re: Busy designer needs prefab xoops package. Content , data & modules preinstalled into xoops packa

Here is an example.

When you install cbb 308 it already has the first post made welcoming you to the forum.

How can I add to this with my own information right out of the box?

------

Another example.

The system module is already installed. How can I set up other modules to be already installed like the system module? I want them to have data installed right out of the box.

Think of it as a tutorial on how to use the XOOPS features of the modules already preloaded upon install.

Would this be called test data?

Will_H
Re: Busy designer needs prefab xoops package. Content , data & modules preinstalled into xoops package.
  • 2008/1/28 17:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Just get everything set the way you want. Download a copy of the file structure. Download a copy of the database.

Now when you want to setup your clone you just upload your file structure, then configure your mainfile with your database info. Make sure your chmods are correct.

Go into phpmyadmin and import the backup of your database.

Refresh the page.

Bam, instant website clones.

It gets a little bit more tricky when you need to make changes in the sql. YOu need to do it ac ouple times before you knock out the search and replace. Otherwise you just make the changes via your admin panel.

(i.e. website name, emails blah blah blah.)

I do this all the time.

script_fu
Re: Busy designer needs prefab xoops package. Content , data & modules preinstalled into xoops packa

Yep I know you can do it this way. What I wanted to do was have a package already to go. With no database stuff to mess with.

How is cbb preloaded with content? What do I edit?

What else do I edit to have cbb already installed in system admin?

I was thinking if I downloaded the website structure. All modules, framworks ect ect. Then added the install folder back to the package. Added a clean mainfile.php that would be a start in the right direction.

All I need to do is figure out where to add my content inside of the package.

Will_H
Re: Busy designer needs prefab xoops package. Content , data & modules preinstalled into xoops package.
  • 2008/1/28 17:22

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

its in the sql file.

When you install a module all it does is call on a sql file which creates tables in your db. If you want to customize the way it install open up the sql file and edit as needed.

(again, just pick a unique word from the welcome message, and search for it in the sql) edit save and you are done. as long as you replace the default sql with your custom one it will display your welcome message after you install cbb.

Same goes for any module, everything is controlled by sql.

script_fu

Will I have looked all through the .sql files that data is not in them.

Now because of my other post. All the kind people have posted a way to find the data / text im looking for.

Finding text in XOOPS files

So far I like the InfoRapid Search software the most for what im trying to do.

Anyway I ran this on the cbb module using the search term

"If you have any question" bingo 2 seconds later I foud the file in cbb that does the preload of info.

Its in the...

/modules/newbb/language/english/modinfo.php

file.

So if you look down at the bottom you will see this code.

// FOR installation
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_CAT_TITLE""Category Test");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_CAT_DESC""Category for test.");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_FORUM_NAME""Forum Test");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_FORUM_DESC""Forum for test.");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_POST_SUBJECT""Congratulations! The forum is working.");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_POST_TEXT""
    Welcome to "
.(htmlspecialchars($GLOBALS["xoopsConfig"]['sitename'], ENT_QUOTES))." forum.
    Feel free to register and login to start your topics.

If you have any question concerning CBB usage, plz visit your local support site or [url=http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/]CBB Module Site[/url].
    "
);

Now all I need to do is expand this and add more cats & forums and of course example content.

-----

I wonder if all modules have the modinfo.php in them?

script_fu

So how would this code look if I added more Categorys to it?

Say I want to add three cats with three forums with three post in each forum.

Can this be done?

Will_H
  • 2008/1/28 17:47

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

uhp, you are correct the install is in the modinfo.

However, after installation all your further cats, topics, posts go to the db.

As far as cloning the install goes... not sure without using the sql.

script_fu

I set up a test site and added to the

Like this

// FOR installation
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_CAT_TITLE""Category Test");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_CAT_DESC""Category for test.");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_FORUM_NAME""Forum Test");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_FORUM_DESC""Forum for test.");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_POST_SUBJECT""Congratulations! The forum is working.");
define("_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_POST_TEXT""
    Welcome to "
.(htmlspecialchars($GLOBALS["xoopsConfig"]['sitename'], ENT_QUOTES))." forum.
    Feel free to register and login to start your topics.

If you have any question concerning CBB usage, plz visit your local support site or <a href="
http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/" target="_blank">CBB Module Site</a>.

"); 

// FOR installation
define("
_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_CAT_TITLE", "Category Test 1");
define("
_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_CAT_DESC", "Category for test 1.");
define("
_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_FORUM_NAME", "Forum Test 1");
define("
_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_FORUM_DESC", "Forum for test 1.");
define("
_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_POST_SUBJECT", "CongratulationsThe forum is working 1.");
define("
_MI_NEWBB_INSTALL_POST_TEXT", "

Welcome to ".(htmlspecialchars($GLOBALS["xoopsConfig"]['sitename'], ENT_QUOTES))." forum.

Feel free to register and login to start your topics 1.

If you have any question concerning CBB usageplz visit your local support site or <a href="http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/" target="_blank">CBB Module Site 1</a>.

");

So I changed the data by a adding a 1 to the content inserted. Didn't work when I installed it. The cbb module did install but no second cat, forum or content.

How would you mod this code?

-----
On another note you can change all the preloaded words on the install of xoops.

install/makedata.php

I wonder if this is a file I will need to modify in order for the cbb module to be installed from the start.

I think I only need one example and I will be good to go...

stefan88
  • 2008/2/27 18:20

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

You are looking in the wrong place.

On another note you can change all the preloaded words on the install of xoops.

install/makedata.php

I wonder 
if this is a file I will need to modify in order for the cbb module to be installed from the start.

Yes, that's better. But you will need to modify XOOPS_ROOT/install/index.php
Also for some XOOPS settings you need to modify XOOPS_ROOT/install/sql/mysql.data.sql

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits