script_fu
How to search inside each module's file for text? I found a php.reg that worked for php files.

I have been trying to figure out how to search for text or code inside different files like .php .css .html & .tpl in an fast manner.

I needed to change some words in a module. I hate looking through all the files so Im looking for a better way to do this.

I found this little baby...

http://www.thecodenet.com/articles.php?id=93

And it worked perfect for .php files using windows search.

I installed it and restarted my xp pro machine and then set up windows search on the XOOPS module. It found the words I was looking for in 2 seconds.

Anyway im looking for a way to search inside all XOOPS files at once.

Do you know of others ways to do this. Right now Im having a problem finding a color inside GiJoes pical. When you go to post an event the java script calendar pops up and is set to #999999. We can't see the darn thing to set the date.

I cannot find the color to save my life.

script_fu
Re: How to search inside each module's file for text? I found a php.reg that worked for php files.

Modifying Windows Search

Im crossing my fingers on this one...

iHackCode
Re: How to search inside each module's file for text? I found a php.reg that worked for php files.

why not use an editor that supports it. like

eclipse.
jedit.
crimson editor (its ok for a few files. but too many makes it go slow..)

then you have the location in the file and also a preview on what the line looks like..

*feel free to add more to the list. i only remember a few of them
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

script_fu

Thanks for the tip! I found another program called Windows Grep it didn't find the color im looking for in my theme or pical.

Im kinda lost on this one.

I wonder if my color program is correct. I have used color cop for a very long time. It has been right since I started using it. I use to use pixie for finding colors but pixie lied sometimes about the correct colors.

Anyway any other suggestions for color programs? Also some more software that will search thru XOOPS code quickly would be awesome.

Peekay
  • 2008/1/28 10:08

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I generally drag a folder full of files onto Context text editor and perform global search. Thankfully, there's a 'close all files' menu option.

http://www.context.cx/
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jfmoore
  • 2008/1/28 15:26

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Try InfoRapid Search and Replace. It is freeware, and you can find it here:

http://www.inforapid.de/html/searchreplace.htm

Here is a quote from an earlier PCWorld review:

"Once I tried this gem, I never used Windows’ Find feature again. Like Find, InfoRapid lets me search for text in nearly any file. But InfoRapid’s search combinations are vast, including Boolean operators (AND, NOT, OR and NEAR) and phonetic searches. I can actually view the files with built-in viewers for text, HTML, RTF and common image file formats such as BMP and JPEG. Search results are highlighted, and a double-click on any other word starts a new search."

You can search any directory by right clicking on it and choosing "Search with InfoRapid". You can choose what file types to search, and so on. Then you can replace the term in all files at once. Great program.

Jere

[Edit]
The program is free for non-commercial use.

Login

Who's Online

84 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 83

poehoes,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!