n01un0
Converting a PHP script to a Xoops Module?
  • 2008/1/26 16:33

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

I have a PHP gaming script that I would like to convert to an XOOPS module. I am a novice at coding but am willing to learn.

Can someone give me direction on how to go about doing this and where to start?

How difficult is it?

Anonymous
Re: Converting a PHP script to a Xoops Module?
  • 2008/1/26 20:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello,

I think these links will be good start:

http://www.kaotik.biz/tutorial/buildmodule1.html

http://www.xoopsdocs.org/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10

Northern
  • 2008/1/27 0:42

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Use care with a gamming script, may host and servers will not let you keep anime or gamming scripts. sence these violate their T.O.S. mostly sence they take up alot of broadwidth. and or not legal to own in the United states if your host/server is located in the United States.

If its all good, then i would suggest you take a simple module like humorgrafico, or humorvideo and examine it.
these are very basic modules, so they contain no sql files.

n01un0
  • 2008/1/27 15:54

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Quote:
and or not legal to own in the United states if your host/server is located in the United States.

I did not know this. What is not legal and where can I find information on this. Its the first I've heard of it and want to make sure its ok before proceeding.

I have googled all I can and connot find any information on the legality of it in the US.

AndyM
  • 2008/1/27 19:22

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

The OP was walking about a gaming script - gamming is something totally different...

n01un0
  • 2008/1/27 20:36

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Quote:
The OP was walking about a gaming script - gamming is something totally different...

You completely lost me on that whole sentance, lol. Not sure what your refering to.

Anyway, my game is a text-based MMORPG game if that helps.

AndyM
  • 2008/1/27 21:06

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

Quote:
You completely lost me on that whole sentance, lol. Not sure what your refering to.

Anyway, my game is a text-based MMORPG game if that helps.

I think Northern got himself confused as he started talking about "anime or gamming scripts" - if he hadn't said about anime, I would have thought he just made a spelling mistake.

However, there is a sexual practise called "gamming" (look it up on the Urban Dictionary), which I think he may have been thinking of when he replied, which photos of would be illegal on many servers.

Gaming scripts should be fine, as long as it does not involve gambling.

Northern
  • 2008/1/27 23:18

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Confused... posible, but arnt we all?

Heres a quote from my: Acceptable Usage Policy

Quote:

24. Streaming Video and Audio: Streaming Video and Audio is not permitted on our servers. You must zip the content to prevent this if you wish to have it hosted, and as everything else this content must be legal content and can not have someone else's copyright.

25. Egg Drop - Egg Drop Scripts are Not allowed, These are grounds for immediate account deletion without a refund.

26. Legal - If it is not legal in the United States of America, It is not permitted to reside on our server. If found, the account will be suspended.

27. Adult Material - Adult Material is not allowed, unless specified in your package deal or in the auction you may have bought from. Sites that contain adult material that is not on an adult approved server/package, the site will be suspended.

28. Chinese Forums - Chinese Forums are not allowed on our network. These sites require to much CPU usage. They almost require a dedicated server to run properly. If they are found on any server we will suspend them, and charge an admin fee if they are the cause of a CPU overloaded. Admin charges are usually about 25$ Per Hour.

29. ANIME - Anime Sites are not allowed on our network. If an Anime Site is found we will terminate the account. These sites are not allowed on the server because about 95% of them are illegal.
30. Other examples of unacceptable material include:
IRC Bots, Shoutcast, Torrents, Torrent Trackers, Torrent Clients, Proxy Scripts / Anonymizers, Pirated Software / Warez, ".img" / image hosting only sites that do not host an actual domain name, Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs(HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange), AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, muds / rpg's, hate sites, hacker focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits