Brendahoisin
Pico installed but some module menus are blank? Is this expected behaviour?

I've just installed GIJoe's modules AltSys and Pico. They both *seem* to have installed OK. I even managed to cope with the extra fiddles in mainfile.php and creating the trust path. I installed AltSys only because I wanted Pico and I wanted Pico only because I was advised (here) to replace TinyContent - which worked beautifully for me. However, it's now depricated and I wanted to be safe.

Now Pico *seems* to be working - in that I can get to the module-admin menu. Its menu reads:

Contents list | Permissions of Categories | Import/Sync | Extra | Languages | Templates | Blocks/Permissions | Preferences |

The first 4 menu choices just give me a blank page whereas the last 4 work as I expected. Since this is supposed to be functionally replacing TinyContent, where are the options to add/edit new content? And is there any "end-user" doc out there for this module? Are these blank pages supposed to be there to begin with? If not, how do I add my content?

Any advice would be appreciated. And be gently - I'm still new to all this.

B.

stefan88
Re: Pico installed but some module menus are blank? Is this expected behaviour?
  • 2008/1/15 15:32

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

What version of XOOPS are you using? For versions 2.0.14+ you need to replace the resource.db.php in class/smarty/xoops_plugins/ folder by the one provided in the XOOPS package "extras" folder and clear templates_c folder (delete all files except index.html)

Also you need to create category first.

MadFish
  • 2008/1/15 17:34

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

One of the tricky things about Pico is that it doesn't automatically generate templates when installed. That's why you have some stuff missing.

It is easy to fix. Go to admin => system => templates and you will see a link to 'generate' templates for the instance of Pico you have installed. Click on that and you will find all the 'missing' things work.

Pico is a brilliant module, stick with it

Brendahoisin

(I've got XOOPS 2.0.14.)

OK, I went to the Template Set Manager (admin => system => templates) and there are a few default ones listed. It's showing me that there are 25 Pico templates in the XOOPS Default Template Set.

In fact the full list looks liie this:

ALTSYS [List (4)]
pico [List (25)]
System [List (27)]
Content [List (2)]

The only other choice on this page is to upload a template set.

I don't see any link to 'generate' templates for the instance of Pico you have installed. Have I missed a step out? Do I need to do the things that stefan988 says, first?

Brendahoisin

(2nd attempt to repost this one - sorry if it's a double entry)

I found the new resource.db.php in the Extras folder and I've used it to replace the one in class/smarty/xoops_plugins/ on the server.

No change, though - I still get blanks on the first 4 menus.

As for the templates - the templates_c in the original Xoop distribution set is empty apart from the single index html file. But on the server it contains tons of files (whose name is prefixed with the name of my theme). Do I still need to clear the server templates_c folder? (i.e. delete all files except index.html)

I get to see all the (25) templates when I select Templates on the Pico Module Admin menu - but still no option to create anything.

B. (still drowning not waving)

damaster
  • 2008/1/15 21:50

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Most D3 modules are frontend based. That means, we define module config from admin side: groups/user permissions, filters, wrap and rewrite url, fckeditor or XOOPS default, etc. Then, from your module front page, you create categories and page's content. You can also personalize language variables, export templates with smarty and define an history (diff) for your documents edition.

You can add an ajax library by category or by page (header), override css and even made forms. Basically, you can create almost any type of content. Personally, Pico is my favorite module and for sure the greatest module for... not so static content^^

Have Fun !

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Brendahoisin

"Then, from your module front page, you create categories and page's content."

That's the problem - I can't. I know I should be able to do this (especially as it all worked fine with TinyConent) but I'm still getting blank screens in the admin menu - I guess I still haven't got the templates in yet.

MadFish
  • 2008/1/16 6:54

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Try:

1. cloning the XOOPS default template set.
2. Set the new copy as your current default (in system => preferences =>general)
3. Then install pico and generate the templates manually as I described earlier.

Hopefully that will get you going. If it doesn't, GIJOE recommends that you manage templates through the Altsys module instead. I've never tried it, but see Peak XOOPS site for details.

Brendahoisin

OK Madfish, I'll give this a go. But first...

How do I clone the XOOPS default template set?
Do I uninstall Pico before I start this and then reinstall it?

I've already been managing my templates through the Altsys module since I installed it, but it hasn't changed the symptoms as described in this post.

Brendahoisin

OK - I bit the bullet and went ahead anyway...

Thanks guys. The options finally appeared in Pico module admin when I cloned the templates and switched over to them in Preferences.

Yippeee!

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits