ZioCrick
How to update wfsection from 1.01 to 2.01 ?
  • 2008/1/11 22:34

• ZioCrick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/29

Hi everyone.

I have XOOPS 2.0.16 and wfsection 1.01

I have just tryed to overwrite the old wfsection with the new version and then the wfsection update into the "System Admin".
The result is that it does not works!

In the wfsection option index, there are not the labels but I see only the variables name.

If I try the "wfsection configure" I get this message:

"This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: _AD_DBERROR:

SELECT graphicspath, sgraphicspath, htmlpath, filesbasepath, filebasepathtemp, logopath FROM xoops_wfs_config
"

If I try to view the articles I get this message:

"This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Error while creating wfsection pages:

SELECT * FROM xoops_wfs_indexpage WHERE indid=1
"

Looking into the db I don't find the "xoops_wfs_indexpage" table.

Can someone help me?
Just tell me the right way for updating wfsection ...

Thanks a lot,
Marco
Hi from Italy! www.positivamente.it

mboyden
Re: How to update wfsection from 1.01 to 2.01 ?
  • 2008/1/13 15:39

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

WF-Sections has been abandoned. And it broke somewhere along the way, and it doesn't work with php5. However, it (WF-Sections) did get transferred to the SmartFactory group, and SmartSection was based upon it. SmartSection has the ability to import data from WF-Sections, but I can't tell you if it pulls from 1.01 which is very old. However, you certainly might try it and see if it does. I will note that SmartSection doesn't have everything that WF-Sections had, but it's less confusing and much more stable, and has all that has been needed by the sites I've built. So, FWIW, it's the one to move to, even if you have to move the content by writing some SQL scripts. Good luck, and don't forget to update your XOOPS as well to remove a few security vulnerabilities and other bugs.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Bender
  • 2008/1/13 16:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Some more infos:

- no ... SmartSection has nothing to do with WF-Section. It was not handed to the SmartFactory since a) Catz might be back on that one one day (don´t hold your breath though)and b) The SmartFactory already had SmartSection at that time we shut down wf-projects website. So there was no interest also

- yes you should be able to import data from wf-section into SmartSection (wf-s 1.x should be supported by the included script)

- further information can be found here:
http://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&type=&topic_id=2014&forum=5

- finally: you cannot update wf-s 1.x to 2.x by just overwriting. The tablestructure changed a lot inbetween

So best way seems to restore a backup and then convert to SmartSection as Mark already suggested.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Catzwolf
  • 2008/1/13 18:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I would like to actually correct you on one issue, WF-Section does work on PHP5 when i last updated it not that long ago.

Bender
  • 2008/1/13 21:02

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

John, instead of correcting Marks php5 comment i would have prefered you corrected my "don´t hold your breath" comment ... *d.a.m.n.*
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

ZioCrick
  • 2008/1/15 9:23

• ZioCrick

• Just popping in

Thanks to everyone!

I have installed SmartSection and it works.
Then I have installed the utility "Importing from XFSection to SmartSection" but when I try to import the article db I find the only option for "News 1.1".

I use WF-Section, not XFSection but in the forum linked by Bender they talk about that utility.

What am I missing to do? or What I didn't understand?

P.S. Sorry for my English (I am italian)

ZioCrick
  • 2010/5/5 16:48

• ZioCrick

• Just popping in

Hi everyone.

I have just upgrade my site, to xoops 2.4.4 and since someone told me that smartsection is no more developed, I would like to Substitute smartsection with another article module, but i need to transfer my articles from smartsection to the new module.

Does someone know, which module do this?

Thanks.

kaotik
  • 2010/5/5 18:07

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I've developed a migration script from smartsection to mywords.
However mywords is still in alfa stage. So you will have to wait until BitC3R0 finishes with the bug fix.
There is however a website with it deployed already. Let me search for the link..
www.kaotik.biz

kaotik
  • 2010/5/5 18:10

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

demo:
http://leetudestino.com/articulos/
The module supports SEO so you won't see '/modules/' in the url.

download of migration script:
http://code.google.com/p/jqueryxoops/downloads/list
www.kaotik.biz

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits