rodstickman
initial page has no content, little control
  • 2008/1/1 7:35

• rodstickman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/1 7

Help

I am starting a new site and am learning xoops. This is powerful, but I am having trouble creating a set of content for autonomous users. Right now when you go to my main entry point..... .com it has a login, whos on, and not much else.

I want to be able to have some things on the initial site for those thinking about using my service (sorry non-disclosure required) and then they can log in and create an account, etc.

I tried both myhome and TS-startup, but I might not know enough about XOOPS yet to know what I am doing..

I want to be able to create blocks that will show up on the startup page, not to top page, and not on top of my other pages.

How can I do this? I've notices that most of the sample XOOPS sites have something on the startup page, but its seems like if I disable somethings than they also get disabled "inside"

script_fu
Re: initial page has no content, little control

Hi can you post links to the modules you have installed?

myhome ???
TS-startup ???

Where did these come from?

-----
http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=blocksadmin

In blocks admin you can display all kinds of blocks with content based on the modules you install. Just hit edit on the right side of the block and that will give you a way to display the blocks on each module page that you want.

-----

Page by page display can be done but will need more work. Start small first and as you learn it will come to you.

-----

Welcome to Xoops!

-----

ps...

If you go to my website. In the very bottom block on the right you will see links to "xoops modules". Its best to download a module from the devs own site. That way you get the latests version.

Shine
  • 2008/1/1 8:58

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Both modules are old. Myhome is (if I remember well) a simple module from Solo.

I advice you to install Wfchannel, Edito or smartsection and then start exploring xoops.
Like script fu said: start small and simple, that is the best way to learn and find your way within xoops.

Second: start reading/make use of the FAQ, you will find lot of answers for your question(s).

Lot of settings are done within the admin site of the website. Blocks, groupsettings, installing a module .....etc

rodstickman
  • 2008/1/2 20:01

• rodstickman

• Just popping in

Thanks!

I'm going to install these now.

I'm having a blast working on this!!! and I hope to soon be able to share some of my code with the rest of the community

rodstickman
  • 2008/1/2 20:19

• rodstickman

• Just popping in

The Wf- modules don't install. Smartsection is working, I need to figure out that one...

Argh, Well It looks like I'll spend an all nighter tonight - reading, exploring, etc.

I installed XOOPS using fantistico, its version 2.016

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits