pcnador
transfer my website to another webhosting account!!!
  • 2007/12/28 1:21

• pcnador

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/4 0

Hello Xoopers
i just tried to transfer my old 2.0.17 XOOPS website to another webhosting company.. everything gos fine i've transfered all my website data also the data base and as you know i changed the mainfile.php paths..
the problem is my website is down without any error!!!!!
to just now that my website still work fine in my old webhosting account..
to view the site that have the problem hear
to view the site that work fine hear

Hoosty
Re: transfer my website to another webhosting account!!!
  • 2007/12/28 3:30

• Hoosty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Have you checked your file permissions?

common occurance of the white page is that templates_c folder permission is not set to 777

I hope this helps

Cheers

mboyden
  • 2007/12/28 5:54

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Try the steps in this posting. Report errors from that.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

pcnador
  • 2007/12/28 14:09

• pcnador

• Just popping in

thanks hoosty for the reply
i tried to give the 777 to the folders (cash,template_c,upload) also the 444 to the mainfile.php
but i still get the same result..
thanks too mboyden i checked all the instructions there but nothing help also he got a different error not like me..

mboyden
  • 2007/12/28 17:47

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

It's kind of hard to diagnose things from afar, but we'll keep trying. Is there a .htaccess file in your setup that is misbehaving?

I checked out your two sites. Obviously, the first one works fine. The new one doesn't and gives just HTML script call for one of your two google-analytics trackers near the end of the doc. Is your index.php page the right one? Did you actually over-write it?

Can you put a fresh, clean installation of XOOPS in that spot and get it to work? You might try that first. Also, check all the new mainfile settings, your database username/password, etc (although you usually get a different error with that).

BTW, using 777 permissions on sites using phpsuexec and/or suphp usually fails; best 755 for directories and 644 for files, but ask your ISP for best results.

If all else fails, start with a fresh install of xoops, see if you can get it to work, then use what you learned on the new one. XOOPS sites are incredibly easy to move, so you're missing some little but definitive issue somewhere.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

pcnador
  • 2007/12/28 20:28

• pcnador

• Just popping in

Hello,
thanks mboyden for this conclusion really i appreciate your assist..
first, about the httacces there's 2 empty files one in the root XOOPS site one in a folder called cgi-bin..
about the google-analytics actually there's 2 trackers one in the index.php the other in theme.html in the folder of theme..
about a fresh installation i already installed one in the root of the website pressacademy.com but it's in maintenance now but it works fine so that mean that the web hosting support xoops.
about the folder permission i already checked them with cuteftp and also with cpanel files manager i assured that 777 to the folders (cash,template_c,upload) also the 444 to the mainfile.php..
i hope this conclusion help if i miss something Else plz notify me..

stefan88
  • 2007/12/28 20:58

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

did you clean the cache? - delete all files except index.html in templates_c folder. If you have some module cache you may need to delete files in cache folder (except index.html) too...

pcnador
  • 2007/12/28 21:17

• pcnador

• Just popping in

Hello stefan88
i already empty the folder cache and template_c of caurse with leavinig the index.html but i don't know if there's some modules have a cache folder i'll check them out.

pcnador
  • 2007/12/28 21:20

• pcnador

• Just popping in

i didn't find folders named cache in the modules..

stefan88
  • 2007/12/28 21:49

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

sorry my english...
there is no cache folder in modules. I mean that when you set cashing for modules (in XOOPS admin) it writes files in cache folder.

Can you set XOOPS phpdebug mode with phpmyadmin or something like it? Maybe it will give some clues...

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits