talunceford
News / CBB integration?

How hard would it be to tie the news to the CBB forums. Say for example, you wanted to have the news module make a forum post when you submitted a news article. Kinda like, "discuss it here" I've wondered about this for some time. I think it would be kinda cool to be able to do this, instead of holding a conversation via comments. Just a question.....
Tim
www.tswn.com | www.bf2online.com | aquaria.tswn.com | www.bf2142online.org

iHackCode
Re: News / CBB integration?

weird... i was wondering the same thing today..
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

script_fu

Yep that would be pretty cool.

I might as well add my long time wish to this as well.

I have needed the contact module to post to cbb for a very long time.

Maybe bandit would be interested in some custom work?

talunceford

Maybe we need to put that on an official wish list for the news module. I'd sure like to have that feature available. I might try and work on that some this week.
Tim

mboyden
  • 2007/12/27 16:10

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I guess this is to have the discussion using CBB instead of the comments system, eh? Why not just include an extra link field and then the module user can decide what the link field is for, which could then be repurposed beyond just a link to a discussion area, but maybe something else as well? Currently, for sites I've constructed that do this, we just link over there from the article. Yeah, it's not a one-button, single-entry push, but we also don't put the exact same content there either, as usually the news article is minimal and enticing and the discussion area has a lot more meat.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

talunceford

I think it would be sweet if there was some sort of one button solution. Maybe make it so that people can choose that option in the settings of the news to allow that field to be chosen. The option for linking posts to forums. Have it make a simple post in the forums with the title of the news post and who posted it and allow the user to choose the topic area they want the news topic posted in. Or maybe better yet, assign the topics for the news a particular forum to post in if that option checked.
Tim

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits