deathilic
Re: How can I edit the Home content?
  • 2007/12/21 17:34

• deathilic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/27

Hi thanks alot for your modules guys! But it couldn't install, Quest gave me one that did install. But I can't figure out how to add content to the main introduction page. What do I have to change module so a page will show up when you enter the site. Cuase now my website has alot of content ( it is currently closed ) and when you access the website it reads mysite.nl without any file extension behind it like index.php.
Shouldn't there normally be a direct link to a index page and since the index page is already used how can I then add content to the frontpage?

It is all pretty unclear to me.

Thanks in advanced. And you guys help is much appreciated!

wizanda
  • 2007/12/21 18:47

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Sorry should have done instructions also, was meant to be that you change the word blank in all files for something, and then use the template instead of direct PHP.....
Basically you’re making a module, yet like said earlier a block from certain modules can actually do the trick or a custom block put on the front page would be just the same and can have html or PHP, which is then much easier for editing or changing later...

deathilic
  • 2007/12/23 16:33

• deathilic

• Just popping in

Hi, I got it pretty much working now. Thanks guys!
I didn't knew I had to go to the admin pannel and general settings and change the setting from "Module for your start page"
So it's now set on mypage module and so it now works.

Is there a possibility that it could simply show as mywebsite.com/index.php and not:
mywebsite.com/modules/mypage.
I rather like it this way:
mywebsite.com/ or website.com/index.php

If that can be done it would be awesome!

VTRIX
  • 2007/12/23 18:25

• VTRIX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

It automattically points to the module installed as your home module, I think... so it's already how you want!

deathilic
  • 2007/12/23 23:47

• deathilic

• Just popping in

Yeah that is true but I still would like to have "mywebsite.com" without the "/modules/mypage" behind mywebsite.com when I enter the site.

So i like to show my website as simply mywebsite.com without mywebsite.com/modules/mypage.
And mywebsite.com/index.php or mywebsite.com/home.php is fine as well.

Any of you know a solution to this?

Thanks in advanced!

script_fu

There are a bunch of different ways to do this. The problem is none of them are great. They leave a lot to be desired.

The term is "short urls" which can be done with "mod rewrite" on an apache server. Try searching those terms there are 100's and 100's of posts on the matter. It will take days to read them all and understand.

Here is a module that does short url's Xoops Hack. It does a bunch of other stuff as well. It is still a rc version. It might be worth testing on a non production site to see if you can get it working first. Test test test...

The next XOOPS version (xoops 3) for lack of a better word should have this feature right out of the box. I have no idea when this release will be. It will be awhile so do not hold your breath.

Good luck...

trabis
  • 2007/12/24 1:58

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I don´t know why you don´t use a custom block for that.
Anyway, you can rename your index.php to index2.php for example and create a new one.
Paste this content:
<?php
include "mainfile.php";

$xoopsOption['show_cblock'] =0//Change to 1 to show your center blocks
include "header.php";

echo
"<div>Hello World</div>";//Use this line to echo your html

include "footer.php";
}
?>

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits