Qlazon
Pageworks only shows up blank
  • 2007/12/17 11:47

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/29

Hi,

I'm new to Pageworks which has made me wary of posting this very (posibly) simple question:

When I click on the Pageworks-link in my XOOPS main menu a blank page appears. The menu and all other blocks appear, but no "pageworks"-title or a list of my pageworks pages. Have I misunderstood some simple part of the module?

I'm running formulize and pageworks 2.3, I have two pageworks-pages with permissions set for me to access them. No serious problems seems to appear when I php-debug.

jegelstaff
Re: Pageworks only shows up blank
  • 2007/12/17 18:31

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Hello, thanks for your interest in Pageworks. Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

To make a page appear in Pageworks, you actually don't use the main menu at all. Normally, you would remove Pageworks from the main menu, by setting its weight or order to zero, on the System Admin->Modules area of the admin side of XOOPS.

Pageworks pages all have a specific URL such as:

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/pageworks/index.php?page=1

That's the URL for page number 1. Change the number for other pages. You would use these URLs in a custom menu module like iMenu, or Multimenu. Or you can put them anywhere in your site that has an href obviously.

For a page to show up, users must have permission to access the page. There is a permissions area in the admin side of Pageworks and you have to check off the pages you want each group to see.

When editing or creating a particular pageworks page, the "template" part of a pageworks page is the actual part that contains the contents that show up on the screen. The template is interpreted as PHP code. You can think of pageworks pages as the same as PHP blocks. But they appear in the body portion of the page instead of a block position.

You can also embed pageworks pages in blocks in XOOPS if you want to, by making a PHP block and then using this code as the code for the block:

$page 1;
include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/modules/pageworks/index.php";

The block will now display page 1 as its contents.

Pageworks is specifically designed to integrate with Formulize so that you can easily use the functions outlined in the "Using Formulize and Pageworks" PDF (click the link for the document).

Pageworks can also integrate with frameworks of forms that you have made in Formulize (frameworks are sets of multiple forms that have some defined relationship). But that functionality is not heavily used, it's generally simpler to skip using that integration and instead use the getData function directly in the code for your page (that's mostly all the integration does is run a getData function for you).

I hope this helps, good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Qlazon
Re: Pageworks only shows up blank
  • 2007/12/17 20:39

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/29

Thank you!

I kind of guessed this was the case, but I couldn't find it in the documentation. Probably it was just I that didn't read all of it. I couldn't make a qualified guess to what the link would be.

Thanks for the in-dept answer!

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits