charpres
Problems with CBB 4.0 alpha
  • 2007/12/14 15:50

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

I seem to have similar problems each time I try a new version of CBB.

I installed 4.0 alpha and the newest Frameworks and xoopseditor. Everything seems fine until you try to view a post: nothing happens.

All the posts are listed, but you cannot view, edit or reply.

I would suspect it is Xoopseditor, but when you try to post a new topic, you get a database error message:

Could not insert forum post
post text insert error

Everything was working with 3.08. I have tried using phpMyAdmin to repair, check, analyze, etc. the database, but that was no help.

Yes, everthing is in the proper directory. I even tried going back to the prior version of Frameworks. That made no difference. I also did the usual things like clear template_c, reinstall everything, reupload everything, reinstall again, and probably other things I can't think of at the moment.

Anyone see anything I am missing?

Will_H
Re: Problems with CBB 4.0 alpha
  • 2007/12/14 16:26

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Check your CBB Preferences for an option called

"'Since' default value"

Make sure it is set to "0"

___

*EDIT*

Just re-read your post and realized that this won't help you at all. Did you do an upgrade from 3.08 or is this a clean install? Including the DB

charpres
  • 2007/12/14 17:20

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

Yes, it was an upgrade from 3.08. And, yes, I did try changing the "since" setting which, as you observed, was no help.

If I had to guess, I would say there is a database problem that interferes with pulling in posts.

wuddel
  • 2007/12/14 18:03

• wuddel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/13

I got a white page by entering the forum.

php-debug shows:
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare newbb_load_object() (previously declared in C:\Programme\VertrigoServ\www\swp\modules\newbb\include\functions.ini.php:39) in C:\Programme\VertrigoServ\www\swp\modules\newbb\include\functions.ini.php on line 40

System: XOOPS 2.2.5, php4&5, update from cbb3.08
cu wuddel

[size=x-small]sorry about my sh** english [/size]

Will_H
  • 2007/12/14 18:50

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

I guess this is why its an Alpha.

Odd thing is is that I have been running cbb 4.0 on a production site for geez over 2 months.

Let me check my frameworks and XE versions.

define("XOOPS_FRAMEWORKS_VERSION", "1.10")
define("XOOPS_FRAMEWORKS_XOOPSEDITOR_VERSION", "1.10")

Lol, well those are waaaay behind.

charpres
  • 2007/12/14 19:59

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

It's interesting that you are using prior versions of Frameworks and Xoopseditor since someone else reported that they had to go back to a prior version to make CBB 4.0 work.

I have to assume that things are working OK with the majority of 4.0 installations since there don't seem to be too many complaints.

And, right, it is an alpha version. However, it is being touted as a simple upgrade IF you also upgrade FW and Xoopseditor.

I'm using a semi-production site (the forum part of the site was suspended a few weeks ago) so this is not a big problem. I would probably just go back to 3.08, but I suspect that might cause an even larger database problem.

It's more a case of wanting to get it solved, kind of like a cross-word puzzle --you don't have to get it done, you just want to work out the solution.

Another factor here, I think, is that CBB may be fine, but the size and complexity of the baggage that has to go along with it to make it work is fast becoming unmanageable.

I actually would prefer the horrors of a bridge at this point rather than do one more install of FW and Xoopseditor. My own view, shared by many other I suspect, is that a forum does not need more than basic editing capabilities.

Will_H
  • 2007/12/14 21:51

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

<clap>

Catzwolf
  • 2007/12/14 22:41

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I have to agree with you, I stopped using CBB a while ago due to the extra amount of classes and frameworks that are now required to be installed along with it. There are other forums out there that are much cleaner and faster than this module and have better options for administration.

noo-b
  • 2007/12/15 4:22

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

i made an upgrade last night..but when i try to post i had MySQL problem....can't post...so i downgrade to 3.08

i'll stick to 3.08 until 4.0 final comes out
I Love Xoops

iHackCode

i'm sry, guys/gals. we got rid of tons of bugs but things are appearing.

for the problems you are having with the error with the function being redeclared. i think it is because of the blocks.

in blocks/newbb_blocks.php
replace:
include dirname(dirname(__FILE__))."/include/functions.ini.php";
with:
include_once dirname(dirname(__FILE__))."/include/functions.ini.php";

im still looking into the "Could not insert forum post
post text insert error". for those that updated from a previous version. did you push the update button?
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits