Catzwolf
Re: Xoops community donations being used to fork Xoops?
  • 2007/12/12 19:37

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

It seems that some people here cannot learn from past mistakes and learn to reprogram themselves, well such as life. Why is XOOPS at this stage? Due to failure on so many levels and still it continues into a ever growing farce and XOOPS is no further forward than it was 5 years ago. RIP.

So what have we learnt? Actually nothing at all, some choose to bury their heads in the sand, some simply choose to ignore the signs, some choose to pacify and some even choose to come and stir the emotion/hate pot with stupid remarks.

I may wish to bring this to everyones attention because no one seems to have noticed, but, you could say that with the loss of Marcan and a few other well known developers that XOOPS has lost a massive amount of support and active developers. So will SmartFactory continue to support Xoops? What about all the other developers, will they follow suit and leave to ImpressCMS? I kinda believe that could be the case.

I'm sorry DJ, you may have the keys, but you sure have left the door open on this one.

Mamba
  • 2007/12/12 19:42

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
@vaughan/monty/etc. & co
One thing is sure : you are impressive at lying. You will allways make us laugh

I would like to ask EVERYBODY in this discussion: those who are against XOOPS or ImpressCMS or are for it, to NOT escalate issues and refrain from name calling and insults.

Those who want to support XOOPS you're welcome here. Those who don't, you have a choice to join XOOPS-Cube, or ImpressCMS, or something else.

But let's try to raise to a higher level and let's stop with insults. That doesn't help anybody here.

Thanks...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

BlueStocking

Mikhail answer to the question "Are you still hacking XOOPS and user accounts related to xoops?"

If you wish to read the detailed explaination you can access it here,

Off Topic: Important question .....

I frankly don't think he gives a flip what my access is or isn't on xoopsinfo, or anyplace else for that matter. I do believe he has said enough about Giba to be recognized as a legimate scapegoat for XOOPS related sites.

A portion of the specific line of code that called on quota & membership from Giba's planted file is:

98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e";s:8:"quota_mb";i:0;s:17:"upload_ext_filter";a

Obviously I am not going to list the entire two lines. "quota_mb" should be enough for any resonable person to make the connection.

I removed those files from user access which effectively disabled the malicous code. I have had no problem since.
I also elimiated my spam problem with .htaccess deny.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

nmshah
  • 2007/12/12 22:28

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

For the last three months that i have frequently visited this site, i have read a lot of fights on the forums. And yes i mean fights.
I almost left XOOPS because of this but alas XOOPS cms is actually very user friendly and also the fact that the community is very helpful when it comes to solving problems that are faced by the users of this cms.
So please settle your differences, its a genuine request.

As for impresscms, i do not think another fork of XOOPS is good for XOOPS but then it can turn out to be a good news for the users.
The only problem i see with impresscms is that xoopsfoundation directors are involved in the product. Literaly from law point of view, yes a director or board-member etc have a legal responsibility to not be involved with a competing project, so even though these are open source projects and they can continue to support any one or two or any number of cms but only as long as they do not hold any position in the xoopsfoundation. The actions of the xoopsfoundation board-members involved with impresscms goes against the statutes of the foundation.

So yes in your personal capacities you can support all the cms you want to but please resign from your posts first. Again to clarify XOOPS the prject is as much yours as is anyone else's but the problem is with you guys holding the posts you do and supporting a competing project.

Also its hard to digest that this inspite of being such an important event, there is no statement from the XOOPS project head phppp(DJ).

Marco
  • 2007/12/12 22:37

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:
there is no statement from the XOOPS project head phppp(DJ).
yet.
Do synergy or die.

BlueStocking

Marco,
DJ doesn't read all these posts, he just doesn't have time to keep up with all the drama...

If you have something you think should be brought to his attention, pm him a link and he will read it and most like respond.. that is the way I do it.

...darcy

Shine
  • 2007/12/12 22:58

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Although it is a pitty to get the post from xoopsinfo, Marcan thanks for the clear statement. I do appreciate it!

No as for the -personal- fights...... please cut it out all.
Move your way you want to take and make your CMS, whatever it may be (Xoops, XoopsCube, ImpressCMS) to be a great CMS and moreover great communities.
As for me, for the moment I'll sit, wait and see which CMS and community will fit my needs best. Will be the closed where I can find my 'CMS & community feel identity'. For the moment I have to declare that actually none of these CMS's/communities are. And I am sure this is something a lot of ppl have at this moment and stage.
We are all somekind of hobo's who are wandering about.......and at sometime we will see were we end up.
Xoops, XoopsCube, ImpressCms......
As somebody said before: CMS and community works should be fun and pleasent. It should feel like somekind of 'home'.
OK everybody, come to grip where ever that may be!

BlueStocking

Shine,
I'm home and the site works so much faster now... I love the new look and feel.

Bender
  • 2007/12/12 23:14

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

Again to clarify XOOPS the prject is as much yours as is anyone else's but the problem is with you guys holding the posts you do and supporting a competing project.

I guess all of them them won´t be sticking to their posts ... would make no sense. However it might take some time to dismantle it since its a legal entity.

Given all the fire the foundation took (from those still here) who would take it over? I guess no one really would want to.

Now if its being dismantled who would take care of legal issues? To be blunt ... right now if Ono is still the owner of the domain and only dns pointing has been changed to dj´s server he would be probably get sued for things happening here on site if something happened. Doesnt seem right to me.(actually if i were him i would have handed the domain over to whomever he liked long time ago or would have kicked everyone out of here two years ago)

But back to topic ... who would continue it and if not: what with the funds? Don´t now about the legal part. In Germany i believe it would be given to charity upon dismantling. Not sure what would be the deal here.

As to what it comes down to "how could they do it and leave, starting another project?" i guess it simply comes down to "they were not wanted here ... at least not from the (not all) people who raised their voice. Simple as that.

Did this come unexpected ... surely not. Is there another way? I would think no ... simply because a lot of people on both sides of the fence have taken so much damage and are now lost so deep in their hatred that i don´t see this being resolved by finding a way back to peace with everyone in this single place. At least not within our short lifespan.

Sad thing is ... somehow i find myself feeling connected with people on both sides of the fence. I wish i could just say "i like this group" and "i hate that one" ... but seems life is not that simple.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

damaster
  • 2007/12/12 23:18

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:

Shine wrote:
(...)
As for me, for the moment I'll sit, wait and see which CMS and community will fit my needs best. Will be the closed where I can find my 'CMS & community feel identity'. For the moment I have to declare that actually none of these CMS's/communities are. And I am sure this is something a lot of ppl have at this moment and stage.
We are all somekind of hobo's who are wandering about.......and at sometime we will see were we end up.
Xoops, XoopsCube, ImpressCms......
As somebody said before: CMS and community works should be fun and pleasent. It should feel like somekind of 'home'.
OK everybody, come to grip where ever that may be!

Since an open source cms project is what we made,
maybe the problem is that most people don't do much.
So, It is all about passivity!

What Mikhail pointed out as 'Lecheers',
most people only want to 'download'
but never contribute (feedback, wiki,
code check and bug report or patch, etc.)

So, yeah, you can sit and watch others do the job,
it's also part of open source freedom!

Have fun watching others doing and benefit from it!

Open Source is also about your own conscience !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits