chosen
Friendfinder 3.1 problem
  • 2003/2/24 22:15

• chosen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/3 1

I installed friendfinder 3.1 with XOOPS 2.0 on my test server and it was insatlled successfully. But when I try to create a profile andsubmit it, I am redirected to the profile creating page again, with an empty form and no profile is created.
I then, tried to change the settings of the module and change the auto-activation to manual activation, but when I do this and press "save", all the settings I change turn back to default settings, no change is saved. I also can't change the "sample state", etc.
I simply can't get it to work, what is the problem with it?Anybody running it normally?

Neon
Re: Friendfinder 3.1 problem
  • 2003/2/24 22:22

• Neon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/8 6

Sounds like you have not chmod'ed 777 the cache directory and 666 the file within. This would cause the setting NOT to be saved.

setaside
  • 2003/5/22 6:46

• setaside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/24

i discovered that if you have any wierd characters in ANY of the fields (like ' or ") it won't add your profile although it says it does.

however, now that i have successfully added a profile, when i go to look at profiles after searching for them, the view.php page is blank.

jmedodd
  • 2004/7/11 3:17

• jmedodd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/16

I was having the same problem setaside and this is how I managed to fix it:

In file view.php around line 50:

Find:

//Function to see if directfriends is installed
//This function only works with xoops2
if(XOOPS_VERSION=="XOOPS 2.0"){

$module_handler =& xoops_gethandler('module');
    if (
$module_handler->getCount(new Criteria('dirname''directfriends'))) {

$directfriends=1;
        } else{

$directfriends=0;
    }
}else{
    if (
XoopsModule::moduleExists("directfriends")) {

$directfriends=1;
        } else{

$directfriends=0;
    }
}

//end of direct friends

and delete the entire block of code.

Now, I am NOT a coder, and I have no idea if this is a needed block of code for something or not, but deleting this has made my module work just fine. So far, no other errors unless I turn PHPdebug on and then that's a whole 'nother issue.

sottwell
  • 2004/7/11 9:39

• sottwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

Installed it, ran it "out-of-the-box", (except for checking file ownership and permissions), and it worked fine up until I wanted to view a user's profile, and commenting out the block of code mentioned above fixed that. No help, I know, but at least you can know that it does work ... sometimes

That block of code doesn't work because the function moduleExists doesn't exist as part of the XoopsModule object in the version of XOOPS you're using.

It's not important, it's just a nice bit of cross-module scripting; if you have the directfriends module installed this will (a little further down in the view.php script) create a link to the addfriend page in the directfriends module, automatically inserting the user id in the form on that page. The module will live just fine without it.

You don't have to delete it, just surround the whole block with /* */ multiline comment tags. Maybe someday you'll want to fix it and use it.

There are a LOT of notices involving the various variables and constant definitions, I'll see if I can figure out what's causing them and clear them out.

sottwell
  • 2004/7/11 9:47

• sottwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

I even tried having some single quote characters in the name...works fine. For me, anyway. It should; any database insertion should only be done after "sanitizing" the POST input, which includes adding slashes to escape any troublesome characters for the sql.

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits