script_fu
Xoops Garage is in need of a new host.

I am looking for someone to host the XOOPS Garage project. I had a stroke of bad luck lately employment wise and can no longer afford to pay for the hosting. I've wrestled with this for the last couple of weeks and it hurts to say. But in the interest of the project I need to look for new hosting.

Looks like I will be able to afford a small reseller account on my own for personal sites. But in the end the plan is not large enough for xgarage if and when some new modules are released. This worrys me alot and the company I went with hits you hard if you go over quota.

Can anyone donate hosting for the xgarage project?

VTRIX
Re: Xoops Garage is in need of a new host.
  • 2007/11/1 13:47

• VTRIX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

I guess I can provide you with hosting on KPWS. It will be fully free, and all on my pleasure... you can email me on vampire.trix@gmail.com for info ;)
And you won't have to worry about bandwith, got enough, and webspace, got also enough. I always wanted to support the XOOPS community with something, and I hope I can support by helping you ;)

And I've got enough MySQL databases and my host supports PHP 4 & PHP 5... Hope you will enjoy it :)

sailjapan

What a guy! Nice one VTRIX!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

VTRIX
  • 2007/11/1 13:56

• VTRIX

• Just popping in

Always trying to help someone sailjapan ;) And I'm trying to be generous... and such a promising site just can't stop! We've already seen loads of sites like this going down, some with great modules, some with great themes (like the Kimokea theme), I simply don't want that another great site goes down!

PS: I never ask for something in return.

Greetings,
Kevin

ALOOoo
  • 2007/11/1 16:05

• ALOOoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Hi Billy,

My server is at your service bro, for free and for as long as its needed.

http://www.xgarage.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=103&forum=11

Just provide me the web space and bandwidth needed at webmaster@saudigear.com and your account will be done in no time.

Best Regards

script_fu

VTRIX

Thank you for the kind offer!!! You know people always amaze me here at xoops!

However one of my link partners "SG" Who is a dev on the garage project has offered up an account on his server.

I am going to take him up on his offer.

So with all due respect Vitrix thank you for the offer.

SG thank you as well! I will get back to you tonight when I get off work.

Northern
  • 2007/11/2 3:46

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Billy,

check your inbox.

script_fu

Hey Marc! You got Mail!

Update: The garage project was transfer to a dedi last night. The move was successful and garage now has a new home. The DNS propagated very fast for me on this end. The site was put into maintenance mode on the old server and about two hours later was resolving to the new one. The transfer went off very smooth.

I would like to thank everyone who pm me. With wonderful support and concern for not only the project but me as well. XOOPS really is a wonderful place! I am hooked and a big fan of everything Xoops!

You Guys Rock!!!

Anonymous
  • 2007/11/2 9:42

• Anonymous

• Since:

Congratulations

VTRIX
  • 2007/11/2 10:04

• VTRIX

• Just popping in

It was my pleasure... I've also got a server, if you are in need of a mirror, you know my email ;)

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits