jeffgr
Xoops for business: global reach
  • 2007/10/24 8:34

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

In your country, how commonly known is XOOPS as a solution for business or corporate web sites? If XOOPS is a well-known solution in your country, why do you think that this is the case? Marketing, prominent XOOPS sites, an active expert community? If not, tell us why as well!

Xoops is an amazing tool for business web sites of any size due to the modular features it offers, the ease of development, and of course, the price (free!). While the future of XOOPS looks great at this point, introducing the advantages of the software to business users around the world is crucial to the success of the project as well.

I'm interested in what you have to say!

jeffgr

http://xoopsexperts.com

jeffgr
Re: Xoops for business: global reach
  • 2007/10/24 9:01

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Can I answer my own question to start things off? :)

In Canada, where I live, I would say that XOOPS is "somewhere in the middle" when it comes to CMS awareness. Most people interested in having a CMS that I have talked to have heard of Mambo, Joomla and Wordpress ... but are somewhat less familiar with Xoops. On the other hand, there are several web development companies, module creators and XOOPS core team members who live here (spread all around, Canada is a big place!). Freeform Solutions and InboxInternational come to mind as companies that have created large corporate, government and non-profit sites with Xoops. MusiquePlus, kind of like a Quebecquois MTV is a popular site that uses XOOPS as well.

So, I would say that in Canada, while there are some great things being done with Xoops, the software could be much more widely known.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits