MClark
XOOP/Myspace PHP Gold Question
  • 2007/10/22 18:19

• MClark

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/22

Greetings-

I am new. And I have found this site by default. I appreciate the site very much. I am a novice. I have a XOOP/Myspace Gold type of database powered by XOOP. I am trying to find out two things:

1)Is there anyway that I can change ALL user's profiles to have pictures on them when they register? If so "is it in the "edit user" file? I am having difficulty. I have very little programming experience.

2)Is there a way that the users can add a myspace layout using this program? Thank you again...

Anonymous
Re: XOOP/Myspace PHP Gold Question
  • 2007/10/22 18:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

MySpace Gold? Hmmm.........

IIRC, it's a repackaged early-version XOOPS which they sell. I'm sorry, but I suspect that you're going to have to ask their support service (if there is one) for help as they may well have altered some bits of coding somewhere

Unless someone on here can help......

How new is your site? If it's fairly new and you don't have too many users then perhaps you could consider upgrading/using "proper" XOOPS which is freely available for download from this site. You might even be able to import all your users details, etc.

Support here is plentiful and free, too.

MClark
  • 2007/10/22 18:33

• MClark

• Just popping in

Oh thank you so much! It's not too new...I got 200 members now. I appreciate you for helping me! (pointing me in the right direction!)

Yes it is the myspacephp gold, repackaged

Anonymous
  • 2007/10/22 19:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sorry - when you said "novice" I assumed that your site was new. My bad.

Can we have a link to your site? Might give us a clue as to whether the user/profile system is as per a basic XOOPS install or if it's a repackaged XOOPS module installed by default (and if so, which one).

MClark
  • 2007/10/22 21:35

• MClark

• Just popping in

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
Sorry - when you said "novice" I assumed that your site was new. My bad.

Can we have a link to your site? Might give us a clue as to whether the user/profile system is as per a basic XOOPS install or if it's a repackaged XOOPS module installed by default (and if so, which one).

I am sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I meant that I was new ..lol sorry about that! Can I private message you the information?

Herko
  • 2007/10/23 10:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

PHPMyspaceGold is actually an e-xoops/runcms (based on XOOPS1) branch with continued development that is being sold with breach of the license terms (copyrights removed, sourcecode not made available). It is their right to sell the package, but they should include the terms of the GPL in those parts of the code where it is appropriate. We have had contact with the Software Freedom Law Center about this issue, but it's a lot of work to find out where popscripts.com (the owners of the website) are located and to legally force them to abide by the terms in the GPL.

This as a small addition to the context of phpmyspace gold.

Herko

MClark
  • 2007/10/23 15:38

• MClark

• Just popping in

I didn't know! Is there anyway that you can point me to the REAL module so that I can figure out how to trouble shoot this matter myself or maybe I can get someone to help me? Is it in the module repository is it in the themes library, are there any help desk documents? I am willing to donate! Please help!

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 258

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits