stuie200
Can not edit "Blocks or Modules" on my sites
  • 2007/10/5 9:13

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

My problem has only just appeared after upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.13 to XOOPS 2.0.17.1 RC2

I can access my site (www.slcwebdev.co.uk/tractiontime) and login although sometimes it kicks me out again prompting me to log in even though i have now changed the config to use "Custom Sessions".

I have got preety much everything working now but i now have a major problem in the fact that now i can not change any setting in both the blocks and modules pages.

In Modules admin the pages load and i am presented with all installed modules but if i want to change the weight of the module or dissable it i cant, i make the changes and click the Submit button to apply the changes and it just takes me back to the "System Configuration" page without any errors or using the redirect page. This is also exactly the same problem when editing Blocks.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this please?

Many thanks in advance for all replys.

Stuart
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

Anonymous
Re: XOOPS 2.0.17.1 RC2 - Blocks and Modules
  • 2007/10/5 10:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Did you update the "system" module when you upgraded?

stuie200
  • 2007/10/5 10:32

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi JAVesey,

Thanks for the reply, yes I did update the system module once I had carried out the upgrade script and everything appeared to work fine without any errors.

I am very familiar with XOOPS and its operations but this one has got me beat for now

For reference here is my setup:

Xoops Version: 2.0.17.1 RC2
PHP Version: 5.2.3
MySQL version: 5.0.27-standard
Apache version: 1.3.39 (Unix)

stuie200
  • 2007/10/5 17:41

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

It appears to be a complete coincidence that this fault happened after i upgraded.

I have now checked an old XOOPS site i have running which has not been updated for ages and i have exactly the same problem on there also.

For some reason I can not administer the Modules or Blocks but from what i can tell, everything else appears to work ok.

I have noticed that the submit button on the bottom of these two pages just points to "admin.php", should this have further functions attached to the url?

I presume this now boils down to a hosting issue so can anybody tell me why it appears that its just these two functions that are failing and can you offer any advice i can give to my hosts to offer assistance in getting this issue resolved.

Many thanks

Stuart

stuie200
  • 2007/10/6 9:14

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

*** Bump ***

Sorry about the bump, kind of hoping the daytime shift may be able to offer a little assistance

Many thanks

Catzwolf
  • 2007/10/6 12:59

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Has the server made any adjustments around the time you updated? Upgraded php or changed any php.ini setting?

Cnn you turn on error debugging and try update and tell us if there is any errors?

Catz

stuie200
  • 2007/10/6 17:51

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Catz,

Many thanks for the reply.

The hosting company said they had a corrupt 'mod_fastcgi', this originally was stopping me logging onto my site they say and they have now removed it, is this imperative to the operation of Xoops?

I have done the debug as you requested and the results are as follows although the update appears to have worked without problems:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _BL_MP_CONT - assumed '_BL_MP_CONT' in file /modules/mpmanager/xoops_version.php line 469

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MP_MI_MESSAGE - assumed '_MP_MI_MESSAGE' in file /modules/mpmanager/xoops_version.php line 482

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MP_MI_MESSAGE - assumed '_MP_MI_MESSAGE' in file /modules/mpmanager/xoops_version.php line 482

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MP_MI_LINK_TITLE - assumed '_MP_MI_LINK_TITLE' in file /modules/mpmanager/xoops_version.php line 484

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MP_MI_LINK_DESCRIPTION - assumed '_MP_MI_LINK_DESCRIPTION' in file /modules/mpmanager/xoops_version.php line 486

Notice: Undefined index: link in file /include/cp_functions.php line 241

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits