katim110
Bye everyone
  • 2007/9/30 9:36

• katim110

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/5/4 1

Hello,

Becaus my englisch is not good enough to replay. I will do it in dutch and hope someone can translate it.

Beste Xoopers,

Het was absoluut niet mijn bedoeling om XOOPS te vernederen. Ik heb XOOPS verlaten omdat Joomla meer mogelijkheden heeft. Ik heb XOOPS altijd een goed CMS gevonden en om eerlijk te zeggen nog steeds. Helaas heb ik moeten overschakelen naar Joomla omdat Joomla meer mogelijkheden heeft.
Mijn bedoeling was om iedereen te bedanken die mij heeft geholpen en niet om XOOPS in een laag niveau te laten zakken, wat sommige denken.

Bedankt

Moes.

wtravel
Re: Bye everyone

Quote:

katim110 wrote:
Hello,

Becaus my englisch is not good enough to replay. I will do it in dutch and hope someone can translate it.

Beste Xoopers,

Het was absoluut niet mijn bedoeling om XOOPS te vernederen. Ik heb XOOPS verlaten omdat Joomla meer mogelijkheden heeft. Ik heb XOOPS altijd een goed CMS gevonden en om eerlijk te zeggen nog steeds. Helaas heb ik moeten overschakelen naar Joomla omdat Joomla meer mogelijkheden heeft.
Mijn bedoeling was om iedereen te bedanken die mij heeft geholpen en niet om XOOPS in een laag niveau te laten zakken, wat sommige denken.

Bedankt

Moes.

Translation of the above post:
Dear Xoopers,
It was not my intention to humiliate XOOPS. I left XOOPS because Joomla offers more options. I have always thought XOOPS is a good CMS and to be honest I still do. Unfortunately I had to decide to switch to Joomla because Joomla has more possibilities.
My intention was to thank everybody who helped me and not to let XOOPS down to a low level, inspite of what some people think.

incama
  • 2007/9/30 11:54

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

I wish Katim all the best. Btw, maybe XOOPS has to create two sub forums, one for leaving members, one for new members. We could learn from the reasons why people leave xoops, or join.
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

Catzwolf
  • 2007/9/30 13:51

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Thank-you Wtravel for the translation.

I would like to wish you well, I hope to see you over at Joomla sometime, as I will be working with Joomla and XOOPS in the future.

ATB

Catz

kc0maz
  • 2007/9/30 14:14

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

incama wrote:
I wish Katim all the best. Btw, maybe XOOPS has to create two sub forums, one for leaving members, one for new members. We could learn from the reasons why people leave xoops, or join.

An interesting idea, provided people answered honestly. As far as people joining Xoops, many will try it and see if it meet their needs before putting on a production site.

IMHO, The XOOPS CMS is not best tool for every situation. I have a number of tools that I use for various needs, including, but not limited to XOOPS cms, Wordpress, Bluefish, Quanta plus and even Microsoft's Front Page.

I chose what I am going to use based on what I am to accomplish.

Katim is switching to Joomla to meet his needs. I don't have a problem with that, as Joomla may offer options that XOOPS doesn't, and maybe shouldn't offer. I wish Katim well.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/30 18:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
kc0maz wrote:

I wish Katim well.

As do I.

And if Katim comes back to XOOPS in the future then, for one, will offer a warm welcome.

goatboy
  • 2007/10/1 4:25

• goatboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/25

I mentioned in my first post in this thread that I didn't know the reasons behind Katim's decision...and I apologized in advance if my comments didn't jive with Katim's reasons. I obviously misinterpreted Katim's post, and for that I very sorry.

I do sincerely wish you all the best Katim.

I'm all for constructive criticism and open, respectful discussions regarding why someone would use one system over another...I just get tired of the negative and non-constructive comments that have appeared in these forums.

Ft24v2
Re: Bye Xoops Hello Joomla
  • 2007/10/1 5:14

• Ft24v2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/30

Good luck with that, ive once left XOOPS to use Joomla and Mambo and they were both kinda overwhelming and confusing to me, then i tried E107 and VGM and every other one out there.
Xoops is the best and most simple i think. But Good luck with Joomla, i hear it is very powerful and has some nice themes

DavidFarr
  • 2007/10/1 21:28

• DavidFarr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/2 1

Having recently started deploying XOOPS for a community website, postings like this make me a little uneasy.

This isn't helped by the buggy nature of some of the modules and the lack of recent modules.

Have I made the right choice or should I have tried harder with Joomla?

kc0maz
  • 2007/10/1 22:08

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

DavidFarr wrote:
Having recently started deploying XOOPS for a community website, postings like this make me a little uneasy.

This isn't helped by the buggy nature of some of the modules and the lack of recent modules.

Have I made the right choice or should I have tried harder with Joomla?

Maybe, What type of site are you starting and what features do you want to include?
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits