Firetroll
After Install - No Admin Access
  • 2007/9/26 19:56

• Firetroll

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/8 1

I just installed the latest version of XOOPS on my new Vista machine running IIS7, PHP 5.2.4, and mySQL 5.0.45. I was able to configure everything to the point that the install proceeded without error.

When I navigated to my site, I was able to log in (again, login successful), but I have no option to go to the admin section. If I navigate to localhost/admin.php I'm told I don't have permission.

Now, I'm used to Linux permissions and not terribly so with IIS. I have granted the IUSR account full control of the cache, templates_c, uploads, and php session folders as well as mainfile.php. I have applied the cmd-line fixes for IIS's temp folders. Not sure what to do here.

Any IIS7 gurus out there? Would love to get this working. Thanks all!

trspice
Re: After Install - No Admin Access
  • 2007/9/26 22:27

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

This seems more like a database issue than file permission. Check user table of your DB to see if the admin was added during setup.

If your localhost is just for testing you may find either ApacheTriadhttp://apache2triad.net/
or Xamp
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
much less effort.
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

Firetroll
  • 2007/9/27 13:04

• Firetroll

• Just popping in

I agree that it would be easy, but my company wants to use IIS :(

Anyway, yes the admin account I created is in the users table. Everything looks as though it should work, it just isn't.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/27 15:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Firetroll wrote:

I have granted the IUSR account full control of the cache, templates_c, uploads, and php session folders as well as mainfile.php.

Do you have "adminmenu.php" in your /cache directory and, if so, is it writeable?

Firetroll
  • 2007/9/28 11:13

• Firetroll

• Just popping in

No. The only file in the cache folder is index.html. Makes me think this may be a folder permissions issue. However, the cache folder has the same user permissions as the templates_c folder and that one has files written to it.

laulong
  • 2007/10/5 9:27

• laulong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/5

Dear Firetroll:

I had the exactly same problem with yours. Have you solved this problem? I have fumbled around the web for solution, yet no any luck. Can somebody kindly give us any suggestion?

Login

Who's Online

84 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 84

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits