Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 1.3.37
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: Default
Custom template: (Yes/No) No
PHP Debug Messages: None (see below)
MySQL Debug Messages: None
Smarty Debug Messages: None
A full description of the issue:

I have a freshly installed XOOPS 2.0.16 and installed Frameworks and xoopseditor. I then installed CBB 3.0.8(along with a few other things)

I can add forums etc., and even browse them in the front end, however when I try to "submit" a change in the CBB preferences, I am dumped back to my root page(not XOOPS root, but ACTUAL root). When I have debug turned on, no pop-up appears for this action. I have used XOOPS a lot in past, this is my first install for quite a while however.

Thanks,

Marc

bassclef
Re: CBB dumps me to home page on preferences submit
  • 2007/9/4 10:37

• bassclef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

OK, let me attack this from another direction. I can't set any preferences at the moment - but otherwise the forums work just fine. How can I manually set the preferences? I am happy to edit the preferences, whether they are in the db or in a settings file - but I need to know where they reside.

Help help?

Marc

bassclef
  • 2007/9/5 7:58

• bassclef

• Just popping in

Just an update, first, has anyone had any experience like this at all? Are any of my versions causing a problem?!?!

The update - most times that I try to post a message using any editors besides "Plain Text", it drops me out to the home page again. Also, if I try to change editors from Koivi (for instance) to DHTML, it also drops me out to the home page.

What is going on? Please help?

Marc

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/5 9:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sorry, but I don't get this and so can't really comment.

You might be alone; this is both a good thing and a bad thing

bassclef
  • 2007/9/6 8:23

• bassclef

• Just popping in

What can I do to try to elicit more help? This is a fresh install of XOOPS (using cPanel/Fantastico) - freshly downloaded everything... my guesses are new PHP/MySQL?

Marc

zyspec
  • 2007/9/6 16:59

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Which version of Frameworks are you using? There appears to be a problem with Frameworks 1.20 and CBB. See this link. I'm not sure this is the same problem you're experiencing but it may be 'related'. It appears that Frameworks 1.10 is recommended with CBB.

In reading through some of the other forum posts there also appears to be some issue with the XoopsForm classes that may be causing this. You might want to browse some of the recent forum threads that discuss CBB (NewBB) to see if you can find any leads there.

Post back here when you can so everyone can benefit from what you learn.

bassclef
  • 2007/9/7 14:05

• bassclef

• Just popping in

I saw that link myself - and promptly downgraded to Frameworks 1.1 - to no avail. I will investigate XoopsForm issues and see what I can see.

However, I have an update on "weird behaviour" that CBB is showing. When I start a new topic, it automaticall selects "KOIVI" - if I submit, it pops to the root page. I said this before, nothing new. HOWEVER, if I change from KOIVI to ANYTHING except "Plain Text", I immediately (no submit) get a

ERRORForum not selected!

If 
the page does not automatically reloadplease click here

error. It pops me back to the forum root.

Help argh!!

Thanks,

Marc

bassclef
  • 2007/9/10 10:55

• bassclef

• Just popping in

OK - some more information - if this starts to tickle anyone's imagination please let me know. I tried to paste some code into a reply in my forum and was able to mimic the "dump to root" every time - but I paste the same code here and it works just fine - I pasted this code:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1AGBD3vqts"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1AGBD3vqts" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks! Does anyone want to log into my forum and see if they have the same issues? It's www.thefocc.com

Thanks,

Marc

bassclef
  • 2007/9/20 12:12

• bassclef

• Just popping in

SOLVED!

Thanks for your help - I now see why no one was answering - the problem was not XOOPS at all! My hosting provider had mod_security enabled - once I had turned the scanning off in my root .htaccess file everything started working.

YEA!

Marc

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits