Xman04
Posts not displaying in CBB 3.08
  • 2007/9/19 20:22

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

For some reason, the posts within the forums do not show up on my site when I click on a forum link. On the main forum index page, everything looks fine. All the forums are displayed with all the correct post counts and last postings. However, when I try to navigate to a specific forum, everything is there except for the posts. The header for posts is there and the sort options (and everything else that is supposed to be there), but there are no posts. If I navigate to all postings, all the postings show up. I just cannot display them by forum.

Do I have something set wrong or is this a bug?

Will_H
Re: Posts not displaying in CBB 3.08
  • 2007/9/19 21:02

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

A bug, same issue over on MrTheme.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/19 21:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Biteronboard wrote:

A bug, same issue over on MrTheme.

With respect, I don't agree.

Everything is absolutely fine (so far as I can tell) over on my site. This place would be awash with posts about it if it were an unaddressed "bug".

Can you replicate the problem when viewing my site? If you can, what is the exact mouse-click sequence that you take?

Also, what php and MySQL version are you guys running?

Will_H
  • 2007/9/20 2:01

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

PHP/5.2.3
MySql/5

This occurs only with old posts after the upgrade to php5, New posts are fine. I am thinking that it is a db problem.

The data is still there, however it does not propagate from the <{foreach}> loop.

New posts (post upgrade) display fine, absolutely no problems except for the duplicate index keys that occur in sql.

Quote:

Got error 134 from storage engine

As far as I know these are pointless, on my dev site I dropped all of the duplicate keys and the errors in admin stopped.

After doing so, I didn't notice any slow down, as I was led to believe that was the reason there were duplicate index keys defined (for speed/optimization).. However this may differ on larger boards... idk really MySql/5 simply does not like the way the cbb fields are defined.

I have a funny feeling that its just the difference in table structure for me. So yes, "Bug" was the wrong word to use.

Xman04
  • 2007/9/20 2:57

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

I want to apologize for my earlier post. I should have looked more carefully before posting here. The default display range was set to "From last 100 days", which correctly excluded the topics/posts I thought should be appearing. I reset the range to "From the beginning", and now the posts are displaying.

I usually notice very obvious things like that right away, but this time assumed there was a bug right away. I think that I'm exhausted from spending so many hours trying to get my site online.

Will_H
  • 2007/9/20 3:17

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

LMAO!!! Well would ya look at that.

Boy do I look like a fool, thanks for the fix.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/20 6:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

You guys

If you want to diplay all posts from the beginning by default got to Admin>Forums>Preferences and change the "Since default value" from "100" to "0"

HTH

Xman04
  • 2007/9/20 13:17

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
LMAO!!! Well would ya look at that.

I'm laughing about it now, but at the time was thinking it would be one of those unsolvable bugs. I need to be more optimistic when I run into problems!

Quote:
If you want to diplay all posts from the beginning by default got to Admin>Forums>Preferences and change the "Since default value" from "100" to "0"

I did that after I finally figured out what was going on. The funny thing is that I went through all the preference settings before thinking there was a problem. I was looking for a setting that said "date/display range" or something like that, and missed that setting, and then assumed it was possibly a bug.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits