Marco
Re: Show us the $$$....!
  • 2007/9/19 18:21

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

@mamba,

well, ... considering 1.we know the goals of the foundation, 2.we are convinced about its utility, 3.we asked for its creation... which is not so evident.

Is it the right tool for an open source community like xoops?
In the situation in which the project is for several years, i don't think it's a usefull tool.

I would prefer to disolve it asap, as its existence makes the project less opensource, linking it with business and private attitudes (the 'private club' concept) and opacity, all those behaviors are far away from an opensource spirit.

The project needs other foundations. We have to ground it up, starting from good basements (starting from a XOOPS community manifest). It's time to quickly go down from the chairs.

marco
Do synergy or die.

vaughan
  • 2007/9/19 18:28

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

blah blah blah. is your opinion against the foundation or just herko marco.

seems you just can't help but provoke things.

you know what most people do when people keep *demanding* things instead of just asking politely. they tend to ignore the demands and prolong the outcome of what is requested.

there's 12 days till october 1st, can't you just leave things alone till then and stop with the demands.

after the 1st october, you have a valid reason to *ask politely* again, but not demand!!

Marco
  • 2007/9/19 18:40

• Marco

• Home away from home

xx
Do synergy or die.

Marco
  • 2007/9/19 18:41

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

vaughan wrote:

the foundation my dear. If you can explain what is it for and in what it can be usefull for the community, i would applause. About herko, mambo pointed out again a fact that i've already pointed before :
Quote:

* he elects himself as the Chairman without any voting

that's not against herko, that's about the process.
Moreover, no financials statements nor news posted since the foundation creation, dont' help us to think there is something transparent !
Do synergy or die.

Mamba
  • 2007/9/19 18:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

Marco wrote:

I would prefer to disolve it asap, as its existence makes the project less opensource, linking it with business and private attitudes (the 'private club' concept) and opacity, all those behaviors are far away from an opensource spirit.
marco

I think, the Foundation could play a positive role, so I'm not that much for dissolving it, but we have to make sure that the process and rules of operations are clear and financials transparent, the same as it is done at Apache:

http://apache.org/foundation/records/

But I agree with you that we have to make sure that this is not a "private club". Instead of "I'll tell you when I decide to publish the financial report" it should be more like "The financial reports are being published every quarter. If there are 2-3 deadlines missed, this qualifies as dismissal for the person who is in charge of publishing them".

The bottom line for me - the XOOPS commmunity should NOT ask for the reports. The reports should be published quarterly and audited once a year.

And nobody is attacking Herko as a person. Would Herko publish the reports, we wouldn't have this discussion right now. Let's look for the "root-cause" of the situation and fix it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

damaster
  • 2007/9/19 19:11

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Considering the Foundation didn't do anything for the project and put itself in a such illegal situation... humm... can’t make it worse, can it?

Quote:
I think, the Foundation could play a positive role

What are you thinking about !?

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

blueteen
  • 2007/9/19 19:46

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

Quote:

vaughan wrote:

seems you just can't help but provoke things.

you know what most people do when people keep *demanding* things instead of just asking politely. they tend to ignore the demands and prolong the outcome of what is requested.

there's 12 days till october 1st, can't you just leave things alone till then and stop with the demands.

after the 1st october, you have a valid reason to *ask politely* again, but not demand!!

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=60625&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=10#forumpost271582

since march 21th 2006...
so I can wait 12 more days...

vaughan
  • 2007/9/19 20:53

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

* he elects himself as the Chairman without any voting

Quote:

that's not against herko, that's about the process.

ok if you're talking processes, neither was any of the XOOPS council voted in either, don't see u complaining about that process

stop with the semantics. if it wasn't for herko there would never have been a foundation.

@Damaster, neither have you done anything for XOOPS either, so why don't you take your own advice and piss off back to XC.

kc0maz
  • 2007/9/19 21:08

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Herko has said a report will be made on 1 Oct.

This topic will be locked until then.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

sailjapan

Forum unlocked
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits