zuluDROOG
New to Xoops
  • 2007/9/18 2:48

• zuluDROOG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/18

Hi all,

I'm new to XOOPS and having a great time learning how to modify it. I've been a developer/designer for quite a few years and have used PHPNuke and PostNuke in the past. However, I have the chance to put in place an entirely different sort of site than the ones I am used to designing so I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to try out Xoops. :)

Other than not being able to get into dev.xoops.org, I'm enjoying the ease of Xoops. Until the dev site comes back up I'm sitting here working on the design in the small time-frame allowed to deploy this site. The admin interface is very cool and my client (my wife) shouldn't have to nag me too often for help.

Anyway, that's me. Just thought I'd say Hi. If you're interested to see my other work then you can click on my website URL. Thanks for reading!

Warm regards,
Richard Strickleton

jfmoore
Re: New to Xoops
  • 2007/9/24 14:28

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Where's the URL?

Will_H
  • 2007/9/24 14:43

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

hover over his name. "Visit Website"

Great to have you! Thanks for giving up the nuke (that stuff can kill you).

Looking forward to seeing what you do with XOOPS!

zuluDROOG
  • 2007/10/1 22:40

• zuluDROOG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/18

Quote:

Will_H wrote:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with XOOPS!

Well, it took a little longer than I anticipated but the site is finally live. I used the terrific "morphogenesis" theme as a basis. I barely touched the templates and I only scratched the surface of the theme itself. But as this is my first deployment of a Xoops-driven site I didn't want to break it before I got a chance to see what it was capable of doing.

I'm very happy with the way it works and the performance of XOOPS is pretty good. The administrator of the site is on a steep learning curve but I reckon she's learning faster than any other client I've had using PHPNuke/PostNuke.

Here's the URL: MyChildWorkShop

Hope you like it. Any/all feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

fisherman55
  • 2007/10/2 3:51

• fisherman55

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/2

Wow I like the colors and design of it, it looks like it took a bit of time to put together. Real nice overall.

jfmoore
  • 2007/10/2 12:29

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

fisherman55 wrote:
Wow I like the colors and design of it, it looks like it took a bit of time to put together. Real nice overall.

Ditto that!

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits