davidl2
Re: Module Repository - When is it going to open???
  • 2007/9/13 0:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Well thank you very much DJ.

I've informed you of the progress of XOOPSAddons constantly, and informed you that it was due to launch around 23rd September...

Your last words on this where "GREAT!"

And now you do exactly the same thing you have done to everyone else who's tried to help in this project.... you ignore the efforts of those who you know are working hard, spendin many months, on trying to improve XOOPS?

Well thanks a lot! I really appreciate this

Sailjapan - there's your answer - because of this, there probably isnt going to be one now.

Thank you once again!

David

PS: Looks like James and Monty had the right idea after all

davidl2
Re: Module Repository - WAS going to open 23rd September.... :-(
  • 2007/9/13 0:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

PS: I'd like to thank the people from various XOOPS Communities who volunteered to assist in this project - but sadly, despit "council members" being aware of XOOPSAddons - they do not value work from community members.

At least we, the rejected XoopsAddons team, are in good company I guess - the rejected module team, the rejected "theme team", the rejected Documents and communications team (still working at XOOPSWiki.org without interfereance), the rejected (or ejected!) moderators - ... and more people who are rejected, ejected or ignored.

Thanks for the efforts anyway.

skenow
  • 2007/9/13 0:39

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

An enormous amount of effort went into the new addons site and it was about to open and eclipse anything that could possibly be made from reworking the mess called the 'repository'. Now, no one will benefit from it.

And why? Does reopening the existing repository really benefit the community? Or, does it just deflect your attention elsewhere?

What was the purpose in creating all the teams if none of them were given permission to perform their tasks?

Too bad - things were moving in a new direction. Now - ???

phppp
  • 2007/9/13 1:16

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Well, the repository is reactivated but the submission is not open to everyone.

If you read carefully, "before a maintenance group being built, please contact Christian or me ..."

What's wrong?
Won't you want to be part of the to-be-built maintenance group?
Do you think it proper to keep a dead repository on the OFFICIAL XOOPS WEBSITE and wait for an unknown one?

phppp
  • 2007/9/13 1:18

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

No useless arguments please.
Before reply, read other's posts and understand them please.

BlueStocking

Quote:

Up to now, XOOPS has been distributed including a set of “official” or “core” modules. Soon there will be no “officialy” modules, that is, XOOPS will be offered as a framework or operating core, and XOOPS webmasters will decide what modules to install. There will be, on the other hand, a ReviewingProcess that will serve to identify modules built by xoopsers and that operate correctly under XOOPS framework. These modules will be marked with an “approved” seal and as such will have the XOOPS core team endorsement as secure to use in a XOOPS Web site.

This seems to be in keeping with the stated goals.
I am waiting for a Glossary defination of the review process.

http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=Glossary_R

Is it also listed in the manual?
Or can you provide me a link to the relevant work area?

Thanks
Darcy
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

BlueStocking

RE: by BlueStocking on 2007/9/12 20:25:33

_____
ADDON:
Source part of documentation I am working on needing this information.

http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=1.2._Modules

Thank you
Darcy
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

skenow
  • 2007/9/13 1:57

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

DJ - your reply stating the repository is 'open' and to contact you or Christian is a rather significant statement and one that would merit considerable discussion by the council. I do know both you and Christian are members of that council, but not the only members.

Since the council's recent progress report did not include anything about the repository or the addons site, this is a bit of a surprise. Also, since the information at the top of the repository page still reads

Quote:

Welcome to the Official XOOPS Module Repository!
The Module Repository is the place where you can find many of the finest extension modules for your XOOPS powered website, conveniently categorised and available for download.

The XOOPS Module Repository is, like all parts of XOOPS.org, a community effort. The purpose is simple: to make as many (stable) XOOPS modules available to the XOOPS user community as possible. To that end, we only accept stable, non-beta modules and add a copy of the module release file to the SourceForge.net File Release System and ensure the primary download link points there, thus ensuring its availability to all.

There are three ways in which you can help us maintain the Repository:
· Write a review or vote on the modules you use.
· Add the latest version of your own module to the Repository;
· Make sure the existing entries are up-to-date.

Please Note:
The module repository is currently closed for new module releases as a new system is coming soon. In the mean time please select modules from here carefully. We recomend you use the search function to find the latest release of a module, as they can all be found in the news section.

and the link to submit modules results in 'No permissions', one would tend to believe this was not a long-considered action.

No one is arguing having a closed repository is a bad thing, we only are wondering about the change in protocol and lack of direction that brought about this change.

seth_sd
  • 2007/9/13 2:25

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:
No one is arguing having a closed repository is a bad thing, we only are wondering about the change in protocol and lack of direction that brought about this change.

As you and others have seen, you're work is often for not around here lately. Sorry it turns out that way but hopefully direction and communication will return to this project soon.

I dont't question anyone's technical ability nor do I question their dedication but I do wonder what the direction is and how it can continue like this.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

phppp
  • 2007/9/13 3:44

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

seth_sd wrote:

I dont't question anyone's technical ability nor do I question their dedication but I do wonder what the direction is and how it can continue like this.

Seth

Some people would like to work on their own sites of which they have full control instead of on the xoops.org

If you have interest to help the Project, either on a specific area, or to improve the management, please contact the Project Council at xoops-council@googlegroups.com or contact me at phppp@users.sourceforge.net

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits