RiazShahid
I want to import "news" to smartsection

Recently I had been using "News 1.54" module for my articles. Now I want to shift to smart section 2.12. I have exported my news to a file named stories.xml through the news export function of News module. Please inform me how I can import this file to my smart section module?

McDonald
Re: I want to import "news" to smartsection
  • 2007/8/30 11:55

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Leave the News modules installed with all the articles in the database as it was.
Then install SmartSection 2.13 and use the import option to import categories and articles from News.
When you've finished and checked your import uninstall the News module.

RiazShahid

Thanks McDonald!
Yes, I have kept News module installed. Infact I am already using SmartSection 2.13 for my other books and I have installed 3 clones of SmartSection 2.12 (which are provided by Smart Factory). I already tried to use the import function of Smart Section 2.12, but here is the message displayed:

Import Articles
You can import articles directly in Knowledge. Simply select from which module you would like to import the articles and click on the 'Import' button.
Run this operation only once, otherwise, the articles will be dupplicatedAs no other supported article module are installed on this site, no article can be imported.

I dont want news's articles to go to my books (currently smart section 2.13), I want them to go to smart section 2.12 (cloned), is it possible?
If not they where can I find a clone of smart section 2.13?
Thanks for your assistance

RiazShahid

On a different website I tried the given process. I hit import from module smart section 2.13 but the result is same (as under)

Import Articles
You can import articles directly in SmartSection. Simply select from which module you would like to import the articles and click on the 'Import' button.
Run this operation only once, otherwise, the articles will be dupplicatedAs no other supported article module are installed on this site, no article can be imported.

I have News 1.54 module installed and it contains my articles. Can some one help, how I can import them to smart section?

McDonald
  • 2007/8/31 9:14

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

First make a backup of your News articles (database).

Then downgrade your News module to version 1.44 because I think SmartSection does not support versions after this.

You might try to change in the file admin/import.php the line
if (($from_module_version == 1.1 || $from_module_version == 1.44)) {

into

if (($from_module_version == 1.1 || $from_module_version == 1.55)) {

RiazShahid

Thanks again McDonlad!
I followed the instructions and modified the import.php as u told and then I replaced the existing file.
When I clicked the Import link, it displays the same message as above.... ( I did it with Smart Section 2.13

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits